Signs You Haven't Watched Enough Classic Cartoons

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Cartman

Signs You Haven't Watched Enough Classic Cartoons

Postby Cartman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 am

We did this for Looney Tunes awhile back. I thought it would be nice to do one for classic cartoons in general. Anyway, I'll start.

• You think that these cartoons were originally made for TV just because you grew up watching them on TV.

• You watch cartoons only for nostalgic purposes, hence you stick to only a few of the better-known ones (familiar LT characters, Disney characters, Popeye)

• You own a lot of Betty Boop merchandise, but have NEVER seen a Betty Boop cartoon in your life.

• You think all of the Disney cartoons are cutesy and non-violent.
[font=Arial Black][font=Comic Sans MS][size=84][font=Arial Black][color=blue][font=Century Gothic][color=Black][size=134][size=100][font=Times New Roman][color=Blue]"I can act rough, but what's 'rough-fined'?" - Popeye in It's the Natural Thing to Do
[/SIZE][/color][/font] [/color][/font][/SIZE][/font] [/color][/SIZE][/font][/font]

looneyboy

Postby looneyboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

If your family is black and you get a 6 hour VHS of old PD cartoons for them to watch.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:35 pm

When you can't tell the diffference between a redrawn cartoon and a computer-colorized cartoon.

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Here are a few:
  • You're female and own a Tweety hood ornament but have never seen a Clampett or early Freleng-directed Tweety cartoon.
  • You don't realize Mickey Mouse was originally a subtle black characterization.
  • You see no critical difference between the Larriva-directed Roadrunners and the Jones-directed Roadrunners.
  • You don't realize that Meet The Flintstones was not the original theme song for The Flintstones.
  • You see the title "Poop Goes The Weasel" and think it was intended to be a reference to excrement.
  • You insist that classic cartoons are and always were for kids.
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 pm

You think Michael Jordan, Brendan Fraser, Jenna Elfman, and Steve Martin are Looney Tunes characters.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 pm

When you don't know where certain quotes like this comes from: "Okay. Break it up, son. Jokes's over, hear?."

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 pm

You didn't recognize the use of Powerhouse in The Angry Video Game Nerd's Bugs Bunny reviews.
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

When you think South Park, Family Guy or The Simpsons were the first cartoons for adults.

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 pm

You think the 1980s were the golden age of animation. (Yes, some people actually beleive this to be true! Oh, brother:rolleyes:)

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 pm

• You can't tell the difference between WB and Disney
  • You think Animaniacs and Looney Tunes are the same thing
  • You interpret good, fluid animation as inane blobs of colour
  • If you actually do see a classic cartoon on TV, you change the channel because it's old.
  • When you think South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons were the first cartoons for adults.
  • You think the 1980s were the golden age of animation.

Return to “The Looney Bin”