Say Somthing Positive about a Cartoon You Hate/Dislike

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:03 am

Page Miss Glory-(Not universally hated, but just not one of my favorites) I do love the art deco influence in the dream sequenc

the 60's Road Runner cartoons-I like the music at least.

Mickey's Gala Premiere-(Again, just not a personal favorite) I am always a sucker for celebrity caricatures in these old cartoons (especially the Marx Brothers cameo) and the interior of the theater looks nice.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote (Both Jones and Larriva): The Timing of the gags are spot on and the dessert layouts are beautifully designed.

AndyRabbit678

Postby AndyRabbit678 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Fantasic Max is TERRIBLE. It is so hard to focus on something while in front of you a under-rated 2-year-old's show character starts saying stupid things on the TV at 9:30am on Boomerang. Nothing's funny in it...
[font="Impact"][SIZE="7"]I'M THE LAST OF THE DODOS![/SIZE][/font] :dodo:

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 pm

AndyRabbit678 wrote:Fantasic Max is TERRIBLE. It is so hard to focus on something while in front of you a under-rated 2-year-old's show character starts saying stupid things on the TV at 9:30am on Boomerang. Nothing's funny in it...

The only thing I can say about the show is I grew up with it and it was pretty imaginative, plus the theme song's groovy.

Otherwise, ho-hum.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

The Silver Fox

Postby The Silver Fox » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 pm

What's Opra doc - One of my bottom 3 on my list, WAy over played on CBS, ABC and Turner stations. I know alot like this toon but I just didn't care for it, the story was not that great, the animation good, but the cartoon seq. that inspired this cartoon was alot better story. I think it was just WAy over played and overrated imo

Tom and Jerry (Fimation years) Poorly filmed, recorded and bad timing on the animation/sound ( there are some that are show every once in a while on CN on T and J show) that you can see the soundtrack doesn't not match the picture. More noticable now with Digital TV conversion done a few years back. ( rarely seen now that Filmations rights were sold off ) You can tell the toons were recorded on cheep video cause the Quality had badly detererated over the last 30 yrs.

A pup named Scooby Doo - bad idea for a show, poor stories, but one of the last show Musak (sp) did the voice of Schooby before his passing. The show also never fit the time sequence of the original cause it had been explained in the Oringal Series they all met in High School, for the Exception of Shag and Schob who knew each other prior to there school years. The only notable item was they brought back the Chase music that was used in many episodes of Schooby doo were are you and Schooby doo movies.

Next post some best of on my list.
This has been a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddmen Production

Return to “The Looney Bin”