Say Somthing Positive about a Cartoon You Hate/Dislike

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 pm

ferpme wrote:
Not my fault I keep wishing that Elmer would go up in flames and end the cartoon.....

Then it truly would be "Goodnight, Elmer.":D

"Notes to You" (I don't really hate the short-just don't care much for it)--I like the part where the cat sings Rock a Bye Baby to Porky, and the bit where the cat sings "Farewell to Thee" before dying--complete with coughing. Another positive thing--the superior "Back Alley Oproar" spawned from this short.

"Corn Plastered" The bit where the crow argues with the farmer that the light in the fridge stays on when you close the door--the farmer actually goes inside the fridge to check.

"Porky's Snooze Reel" The Doberman Pinscher--"Pinch, pinch, pinch, pinch!":D

"The Iceman Duckeths" "I think I am going to cry." "Who's side are you on, fellow?" along with Bugs forming an invisible shield.

Okay, okay, I'll try.

"Fresh Airdale"-- I like the cat--especially when he beats up the burglar and attempts to prevent Shep from murdering the other dog.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Sleeping Beauty has some beautiful stylistic backgrounds by Evind Earle. The scene of two of the fairies having a magic wand war in the cottage is kind of funny.

Feather Finger - In this cartoon, Daffy actually has a motif to catch Speedy (being rewarded $15/week by the mayor) rather than just be a jerk to him.
[font=Arial Black][font=Comic Sans MS][size=84][font=Arial Black][color=blue][font=Century Gothic][color=Black][size=134][size=100][font=Times New Roman][color=Blue]"I can act rough, but what's 'rough-fined'?" - Popeye in It's the Natural Thing to Do
[/SIZE][/color][/font] [/color][/font][/SIZE][/font] [/color][/SIZE][/font][/font]

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:03 pm

The Sword in the Stone--Mad Madame Mim--just the entire sequence of Mad Madame Mim--from Wart falling down her chimney to the wizard's duel between her and Merlin. Other than that, as a child, I found the movie to be rather dull. I actually haven't seen it since. However--those are my favorite parts in it.

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 am

Crazy Over Daisy: A catchy song from Oliver Wallace, an interesting opening sequence that brings the viewer into the old time atmosphere, and nice background art throughout.

Three for Breakfast: Beautiful backgrounds, and that tall stack of flapjacks looked very enticing.

Dragon Around: I actually agree with the anti-freeway message.
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:06 am

Quentin Quail--The ending alone is classic. :D

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:19 am

Johnny Test- well, at least the theme song is ok

Everything else that I hate there is absolutly no compassion for in any way, shape, or form

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:21 am

Chaser On The Rocks - Jerry Beck is bogus ending "The Coyote gets shot from the cannon, sinking the sun into the west" would have been hugh improvement on the actual ending "The Coyote, caught in inside a cannon, gets blasted into a highway guard rail and is violently ricoheted back into the cannon - only to get shot out again and again by the Road Runner"
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Cartman wrote:
Skyscraper Caper - It was the last of the :daffy::speedy: series.

No, it was the second-to-last. See You Later, Gladiator was the last.

And I'll say a few positive things...

See You Later, Gladiator - It involves time travel.

What's Opera, Doc? - The "Kill the rabbit" tune is catchy.

Knighty Knight Bugs - The king actually threatens Bugs, and Bugs shows fear, as opposed to being confident enought o outsmart him.

The Iceman Ducketh - The scene where Bugs throws water, turning it into ice to stop Daffy, is funny.

Good Night, Elmer - The scene with Elmer struggling to undress due to him holding the candle is funny.

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 pm

The Columbia cartoon The Greyhound and the Rabbit has a funny gag where the mechanical rabbit asks the greyhound for his autograph.
[font=Arial Black][font=Comic Sans MS][size=84][font=Arial Black][color=blue][font=Century Gothic][color=Black][size=134][size=100][font=Times New Roman][color=Blue]"I can act rough, but what's 'rough-fined'?" - Popeye in It's the Natural Thing to Do
[/SIZE][/color][/font] [/color][/font][/SIZE][/font] [/color][/SIZE][/font][/font]

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs - at least it's not released on DVD
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

Return to “The Looney Bin”