Last night I dreamt of a Back in Action sequel

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Brandon Panther

Last night I dreamt of a Back in Action sequel

Postby Brandon Panther » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:20 pm

The plot was like this, WB creates a theme park, like Disneyland, but for Looney Tunes (my subconcious apparently doesn't know about Six Flags), and Bugs and Daffy are the managers for it. Then the ACME Chairman somehow comes back (he was turned into a monkey, and arrested at the end of the first film), wants to destroy the theme park and build a property or business there. He gets a bunch of other LT characters like Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Marvin Martian, Taz, etc. to help him destroy it (why LT characters would help in the destruction of a LT theme park, I don't know), and Bugs and Daffy fight them.

I suppose it could work as an actual movie.... or not. Just thought I'd share. :shame:
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Maybe it can be called Back to Back in Action...
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Why would tell us this? Why would you tell anyone this?

Prinzenick

Postby Prinzenick » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 pm

I once had an idea that Bambi became a rubberhose character who wore a t-shirt, shorts and backpack. Thumper sat in the backpack and could use his ears as helicopters, and was a snarky character. I think i was going for some weird combo of Sonic the Hedgehog meets Banjo-Kazooie meets Ratchet and Clank meets Jak And Daxter.

I also had an idea once that when i was thinking of what superpowers to give Disney characters, i gave Piglet a nose that was like the end of a balloon, with a cork stuffed in it, and he inflated himself until he popped the cork out to fly through the air and fight crime.

Weird stuff, huh?

P.S. Sorry if this is off topic. I think up weird stuff sometimes.
"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
--Walt Disney :rabbit:

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 pm

@Thad: So Hollywood notices! Of course...
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

bj_wanlund

Postby bj_wanlund » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Smells more like Space Jam 2 than Back in Action 2, personally. I wouldn't watch Space Jam 2, but I might watch Back in Action 2.

BJ

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm

How about a Gremlins 3, about the gremlins sabotaging the production of Gremlins 3D?
...Anyone?

Daffysleftfoot

Postby Daffysleftfoot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Or how about a sequel to Citizen Kane but with Looney Tunes taking over from where those reporters left off. I'd watch that. ;)
Jesus Needs Help - buy it on Amazon as well as on Kindle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

looneytooney

Postby looneytooney » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Careful, this dream may be green-lit someday.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 am

Moved the thread here.
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Return to “The Looney Bin”