The GAC Halloween Party 2011!

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

:bugs2:: How did you get here, you weren't invited.
:dodo:: I don't need invitations to get anywhere, not with my money.
:fox:: So you were part of this?
:dodo:: Yes! And I'm proud of this.
:flip:: B-b-b-but why?
:dodo:: We are tired that nobody buys your DVD's, so they sent me to stop your crazy attempts, you loons. And we were responsible for the letterboxing on the Super Stars collection.
:mighty:: Oh no, this can't be any good.
:bbear:: What we will do?
:bugs2:: Eh, don't worry Barney, there should be a way outta this.
:daffy:: Yes! And the way outta this predicament is no one else than... Duck Twacy!
:bugs2:: Daffy, did you have your hat all the time?
:daffy:: No, I just found it over my head!
:bugs2: (sarcastically): Oh yeah...
The Golden Age Cartoon Forums: It's Been a Long, Long Time.

Der Captain

Postby Der Captain » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

:bugs2:: Oh, what a lovely mess this is, but at least you can put an end to Occupy Time Warner, Gandy. By the way, are you the only one involved in that group?

:gandy:: Nope. Buddy was involved too.

:daffy:: Buddy? That little has-been?

:gandy:: That's a terrible thing to call Buddy. You know darn well that in order to be a has-been, you must have actually "been" at one time.

:daffy:: Fair enough. So where is he?

:gandy:: The Time Warner Center I guess. Perhaps we'll visit him in the next post.
"No buttons on der ding-busted pants!"

www.dangerousbird.com

Der Captain

Postby Der Captain » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 pm

(Meanwhile at the Time Warner Center in Jeffrey Bewkes office)

BEWKES: (entering his office) Hey, what the-

:buddy:: (sitting on Bewkes couch in his underwear drinking a can of beer) BUUUURRRPP!!!! Yo Dawg!

BEWKES: What the hell are you doing here?

:buddy:: Chill, bro. I just joined "Occupy Time Warner" yesterday, so now I'm going to occupy the main office. Brought my toothbrush and overnight bag. Nice pad you got here. Good refreshments. I assume you got cable.

BEWKES: Do I have to call security?

:buddy:: Take a breath, brother. Oh, by the way, I should get all the mail marked "Occupant".

BEWKES: All right. Get out!

:buddy:: Don't be that way, B-Dawg! I used to be part of "Occupy Wall Street", but when I crashed in their building they told me to get out or pay rent! I didn't like it there anyway. They kept ringing that stock exchange bell when I was trying to oversleep after a bender.

BEWKES: That's it! If you're not out in five minutes, so help me, I'll have Ted Turner colorize you!

:buddy:: Sweet deal! I can swing that!

BEWKES: .......PLAID!!!!!!

:buddy:: Okay, I'm out!

www.dangerousbird.com

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

(Buddy enters to the party)
:gandy:: Gee, Buddy, what happened?
:buddy:: That Jaff, Juff, Jeff what-his-name kicked me out of his office like a dog, y' know.
:bugs2:: Don't worry, anyway we have a worse problem here. There is a pest that refuses to go away.
:buddy:: Lemme guess, it is from Warner's so-called "family division". How I hate 'em!
:speedy:: Me too! And you, Senor Wolf?
:wolfie:: What do you think?
:beepbeep:: Beep!
:dodo:: I heard some subversion around here. Who did it?
The entire room: Fuenteovejuna did it!
:dodo:: And who is that feller by any chance?
:daffy:: Have you ever heard of theater? And people say that I am dumb!
:bugs2:: Daffy! When did you gain an interest for Spanish literature?
:daffy:: Oh, there are auditions for a play on town with that name, probably about a guy named Fuenteovejuna, I guess.
:bugs2:: No, you maroon! That's not the story, I'll tell it to you later.
:scrooge:: Hey you green freak! Get out! O-W-T! How many times have I to tell you?!
:dodo:: You are not my boss, I am an independent worker.
:ysam:: Independent? What do ye mean fer independent?
:dodo:: It means that I have economic independence.
:buddy:: But y' have bosses, Ain't I rite!
:dodo:: Yes, and their names are...
Announcer: Tune in next post to find out!

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:31 pm

:dodo:: ...their names are Sander Schwartz, Chris Savino, and Larry Doyle!

:daffy:: Those rotten rats!!!

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:08 am

:daffy:: Come on everyone, The Looney Tunes are heading to-

Winsor McCay: HOLD IT!

-McCay's ghost suddenly bursts onto the scene-

Everyone: ?!?!?!

:bugs2:: Oh boy...

McCay: -snaps fingers- There, this fruity little problem is solved. Someone else can fill in the details.

:sylvester: Um...what's going on?

McCay: Simple; I'm foreclosing this home, forcing you to never have anymore parties.

Everyone:?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:bugs2:: Gee, I wonder why...

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:50 am

:bugs2:: ... are you doin' this, sir. It has anything to do with the nation-wide recession?
McCay's ghost: Yes indeed, Mr. Rabbit. And is specially harmful for someone who has been unemployed for over 80 years! And by the way, you were making too much noise, and ghosts need to sleep.
:bosko:: But Mr. McCay, there is a looney guy who doesn't want to give up.
McCay's ghost: And what happens with that rat.
:bosko: (whispering into McCay's ear): He doesn't want modern audiences to see cartoons as they were made.
McCay's ghost: This is the biggest outrage I ever seen since the sinking of the Lusitania. Someone, tell me where that guy is!
:dodo:: Someone called me?
:ham:: Th-th-th-th That's the one!
McCay: You gooney bird, let's see if you get out of this alive. (takes a baseball bat) So many years of watching the World Series would work someday. (The do-do begins to run for his life while the ghost begins to run after him, trying to swat him with the bat)
:dodo:: Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!
:slow: (opening the door): Hola! Sorry por la lateness.
:speedy:: Don't worry, Lento. Anyway is getting better in each segundo.
:slow:: By any chance, Does alguien know who are those guys?
:crow:: Oh no, everything but this! The Saturday morning cartoon characters from the late 70's, 80's and early 90's!
McCay's ghost: Everybody! Lock all the doors and windows in this place!
Announcer: Will the unwanted ones enter? Will the do-do survive? Will the Texas Rangers win the series? Tune in next post to see how this ends!

dandu

Postby dandu » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Average Jones: Hello! Sorry I am late! Oh hello Mr Mccay! Still making cartoons? I swear they're getting more realistic everytime!
Mccay: I did not draw these pests! I am trying to evict them!
:dodo:Woo hoo! I am going to spread my disease to Daffy Duck!
:daffy: Woo hoo! I haven't felt like this since 1939!

Der Captain

Postby Der Captain » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 pm

In the ensuing mayhem, Gandy manages to escape the house of horror and run off panic stricken into the night, finally finding solace in a nearby pumpkin patch.)

:gandy:: Whew! I just need to rest. I can't believe this is happening.

LINUS: Hello.

:gandy:: WHO? WHAT?! - Oh, it's you, Linus. You're still out here?

LINUS: Yep. How's the party?

:gandy:: It's gotten way out of hand. Where to start? Winsor McCay's ghost, Dodo gone wild, unwanted Saturday morning creeps trying to break in! - I tell you, Linus, the world is coming to an end!!!!!!!!

LINUS: The world isn't coming to an end, Gandy. GAC Forums is coming to an end. I know it's a little sad, but at some point we all have to face reality and move on.

:gandy:: I'm hearing this from a kid who's over fifty years old and still carries a blanket and waits for the Great Pumpkin.

LINUS: Okay, you got me there, but let's reflect a little. Maybe there's more to life than cartoons and -

:gandy:: Okay, I'll agree with that - AS SOON AS I GET MY DEMAND OF THE COMPLETE SQUIDDLY DIDDLY ON BLU-RAY!!!!!!!

(sound of "WOOOOOOOOO" in the distance)

:gandy:: Wha-----

LINUS: It's him! It's the Great Pumpkin! He's finally here! He'll get you that Blu-Ray! He'll restore all the great old cartoon in pristine format! He'll fix everything! And he's here RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

www.dangerousbird.com

Der Captain

Postby Der Captain » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

PUMPKIN: Greetings, young believers! It is I, the Great Pumpkin here to bring you tidings of great joy!

LINUS: At last! Oh, Great Pumpkin, you can help us! Time Warner has been giving us inferior DVDs of classic animation, with faded TV prints -

:gandy:: Not to mention DVNR, bad selections, double dipping -

PUMPKIN: My friends, I'm afraid I can't help with that. Maybe it's best to think back to when you were first disappointed on your birthday. As we get older we realize that maybe it's good not to get everything we want.

LINUS: I see. I guess I never thought about how much we take for granted -

:gandy:: QUIT STALLIN', GOURD-BREATH! WHAT'D YOU BRING US?

PUMPKIN: Well, let's see. I've got something in my bag here....

:gandy:: If you got the Squiddly Blu-Ray, I want it complete. I hope they didn't cut out that controversial episode where he squirts ink out of his rectum and then blamed it on BP. He's a squid! It's perfectly natural!!!!!

PUMPKIN: Here. Catch. (tosses them a tape)

LINUS: (catches tape - then pauses) A collection of public domain Porky Pig cartoons - with a really ugly "Farmer Porky" cover.

:gandy:: It's on BETA!!!!

PUMPKIN: Yes, I always thought Beta had a better picture than that grainy VHS. - Hey, look, the economy sucks. Deal with it. - So long, friends. I'm off to have a late dinner with Santa at the Cheesecake Factory! Toodles! (vanishes into the night)

:gandy:: So - - this is it?

LINUS: Fraid so.

:gandy:: And that means -

LINUS: You don't get Diddly.

(And now we return you - hopefully - to that crazy party.)

www.dangerousbird.com

Return to “The Looney Bin”