What If II

It's the Looney Bin! Display your classic cartoon artwork, play trivia, and more right here!

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:WB might have seen him as a valuable director and kept him on. Thus McKimson might have been the one kicked downstairs, despite seniority.

What if Mel Blanc lived until 1994?

He may have done voice work on "Tiny Toons" and "Animaniacs."

What if Betty Boop continued making cartoons into the 1950's?
[font=Arial Black][font=Comic Sans MS][size=84][font=Arial Black][color=blue][font=Century Gothic][color=Black][size=134][size=100][font=Times New Roman][color=Blue]"I can act rough, but what's 'rough-fined'?" - Popeye in It's the Natural Thing to Do
[/SIZE][/color][/font] [/color][/font][/SIZE][/font] [/color][/SIZE][/font][/font]

Captain Slinky

Postby Captain Slinky » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 am

Cartman wrote:What if Betty Boop continued making cartoons into the 1950's?

Joe McCarthy would have had her blacklisted for her ties to that known Communist sympathizer, Professor Grampy.

What if the Fleischer Studios had just flat-out turned down the offer to do Superman cartoons instead of just asking for a huge amount of money?

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Captain Slinky wrote:Joe McCarthy would have had her blacklisted for her ties to that known Communist sympathizer, Professor Grampy.

What if the Fleischer Studios had just flat-out turned down the offer to do Superman cartoons instead of just asking for a huge amount of money?

They might have stayed in business longer.

What if Daffy had an Academy Award instead of Bugs?

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 am

nickramer wrote:
What if Daffy had an Academy Award instead of Bugs?

The directors would have taken advantage of that on The Bugs Bunny Show, having Daffy show it off to Bugs any chance he got. And if the audience never applauded Daffy, he'd remind them, "Who's the one who actually won an Oscar?"

What if Bob Clampett hadn't left WB until 1949?
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm

He would've made Tweetie Pie instead of Friz.

What if MGM released the Nudnik shorts theatrically instead of Paramount?

gabriel_katikos

Postby gabriel_katikos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 am

What if Don Bluth had actually directed An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, as well as the other sequels to his films (like All Dogs Go to Heaven 2)? If he did, maybe they would have been a bit better.
"The dirty f***!" (Bosko's Picture Show, 1933) :bosko:

dandu

Postby dandu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Toonatic wrote:He would've made Tweetie Pie instead of Friz.

What if MGM released the Nudnik shorts theatrically instead of Paramount?

They might have been directed by Chuck Jones.

What if Bob's Burgers had...any...talented writers?

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:41 pm

dandu wrote:They might have been directed by Chuck Jones.

What if Bob's Burgers had...any...talented writers?

Um... wrong fourm?

What if Tashln wasn't fired in Columbia?

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:46 pm

gabriel_katikos wrote:What if Don Bluth had actually directed An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, as well as the other sequels to his films (like All Dogs Go to Heaven 2)? If he did, maybe they would have been a bit better.

He'd have no time to work on "A Troll in Central Park", or "Thumbelina", thus neither film would be on his conscious.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

What if Paul Frees stayed on do the voice of the Commissioner in the Inspector cartoons til the end of it's run?

Return to “The Looney Bin”