GAC Review - Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies / The First Easter Rabbit

Find out what's new and updated on the websites hosted on GoldenAgeCartoons.com!
Jon Cooke

GAC Review - Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies / The First Easter Rabbit

Postby Jon Cooke » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:13 pm

It's GAC's belated Easter extravaganza (better late than never, right?). Brandon Pierce reviews two new DVDs:

http://reviews.goldenagecartoons.com/2010/easter/

cbrubaker

Postby cbrubaker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Ah, the Bugs Bunny Easter special was terrible. The "new" animation especially is horrid.

Anything Rankin-Bass produced is bound to come off as campy, especially with its Japanese animation, but at least Paul Coker Jr's character designs are appealing.
My Blog - Has some stuff
Terrytoons 1957-71 filmography - new credits (updated 12-8-2010)

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 am

I will say that this Looney Tunes TV specials are talky and talky just because the crews are boring and forced to produce this. Nothing represent what the characters are originally made.

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, I haven't seen Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies, but I'm sure it can't be any worse than Bugs Bunny's Howl-O-Ween Special. Which has to be one of the most embarassingly half-assed holiday specials I have ever seen.
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

Lee Glover

Postby Lee Glover » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Here in the UK, I bought the "Easter Funnies" DVD in Asda for just £3, but it's very likely an Asda-exclusive as I could not find it anywhere else, not even on any UK online retailer.
:fox: Watch out for a crow wearing a derby! :fox:

This Blog's A Load Of CARTOONS! - Update: TV Comic - Six Of The Best: Christmas Cartoons :bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:ysam::tomcat: :jerry::bbear:

The Spectre

Postby The Spectre » Thu May 27, 2010 4:16 pm

I don't remember much about "Easter Funnies", except that except that I had no idea what the ending was supposed to mean.
The Easter Rabbit, seemingly back to health, greets Bugs and Granny and then carries on with his egg-delivering duties. When he thinks he's out of sight, he removes his rabbit head to reveal to the audience that he's actually Daffy in disguise. Bugs and Granny say: "We knew it was Daffy all the time!" Meaning, what, exactly? The Easter Rabbit has always been Daffy, and he pretended to be ill, for some reason? Or, they knew that Daffy was the ideal replacement all the time? I suppose they could have meant that they could tell that *this* Easter Rabbit was Daffy, but that's hardly "all the time", is it, because they only saw him for a few seconds. :confused:

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Thu May 27, 2010 4:32 pm

The Spectre wrote:I don't remember much about "Easter Funnies", except that except that I had no idea what the ending was supposed to mean.
The Easter Rabbit, seemingly back to health, greets Bugs and Granny and then carries on with his egg-delivering duties. When he thinks he's out of sight, he removes his rabbit head to reveal to the audience that he's actually Daffy in disguise. Bugs and Granny say: "We knew it was Daffy all the time!" Meaning, what, exactly? The Easter Rabbit has always been Daffy, and he pretended to be ill, for some reason? Or, they knew that Daffy was the ideal replacement all the time? I suppose they could have meant that they could tell that *this* Easter Rabbit was Daffy, but that's hardly "all the time", is it, because they only saw him for a few seconds. :confused:
I assume that meant they knew Daffy was disguised as the Easter Rabbit.

What doesn't make sense, though, is that they didn't seem to mind that Daffy was taking the Easter Bunny's place. So why did they keep shooting him down during the rest of the special? Did they suddenly have a change of heart and just say, "Aw, let's let Daffy have his bottle."?

Of course, we're thinking about this more than the writers of the special probably did.

Return to “Site Updates”