Minor LT&MM Website Update (07/10/10)

Find out what's new and updated on the websites hosted on GoldenAgeCartoons.com!
Pietro

Minor LT&MM Website Update (07/10/10)

Postby Pietro » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Just a quick note on the LT&MM site: the listing of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies in the public domain has been updated!

Recent research brought to light some mistakes that have now been corrected. For instance, From Hand to Mouse, Miss Glory (listed under Page Miss Glory in the Film Superlist), and Porky's Hired Hand were previously listed by the LT&MM site as public domain shorts. However, they are in fact still under copyright. Meanwhile, titles thought to be copyrighted like Nutty News or the 1936 Porky and Beans short Westward Whoa are actually in the public domain.

Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Cheers,
Pietro:cool:

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Can anyone confirm whether "An Itch in Time" is public domain? It isn't on the list of public domain shorts, but it isn't on the list of shorts that are under copyright (but commonly found on public domain collections) either.
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Pietro

Postby Pietro » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Steve Siegert wrote:Can anyone confirm whether "An Itch in Time" is public domain? It isn't on the list of public domain shorts, but it isn't on the list of shorts that are under copyright (but commonly found on public domain collections) either.
According to Hurst's "Film Superlist: Motion Pictures in the U.S. Public Domain, 1940-1949", the copyright on "An Itch in Time" was indeed renewed.

So, no, the short is not in the public domain and it still remains under copyright despite appearing on public domain compilations.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Pietro:cool:

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 pm

I also did a quick, minor update to the WB Cartoon Checklist. I added the three Road Runner/Coyote 3D cartoons that are due for theatrical release this year ("Coyote Falls", "Fur of Falling" and "Rabid Rider"). Also, under "Misc. Shorts" I added 1996's "Marvin the Martian in the Third Dimension".

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Hello, Jon I couldn't find "Any Bonds to Day" anywere on the WB Cartoon Checklist
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:Hello, Jon I couldn't find "Any Bonds to Day" anywere on the WB Cartoon Checklist

You're right! I just added it under the MISC. SHORTS section. Thanks letting me know!

MarkTheShark

Postby MarkTheShark » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:You're right! I just added it under the MISC. SHORTS section. Thanks letting me know!

Is there any "official" word on what that cartoon's actual title is? I have often seen it listed as "Bugs Bunny Bond Rally," but IIRC there isn't an actual on-screen title -- it just says "Leon Schlesinger Presents Bugs Bunny." I saw a listing for one of the forthcoming DVDs that listed it as "Any Bonds Today"

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 pm

I wish I could find the lobby card to this short, because I swear it was identified as "Any Bonds Today?"
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Return to “Site Updates”