NEW Lantz-O-Pedia Updates (10/23/10)

Find out what's new and updated on the websites hosted on GoldenAgeCartoons.com!
Pietro

NEW Lantz-O-Pedia Updates (10/23/10)

Postby Pietro » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 pm

The original titles (previously thought missing) for two 1930s Walter Lantz cartoons have been discovered!

--- New title card added and credits revised for William Tell
--- New title card added and credits revised for Arabs with Dirty Fezzes

The discovery confirmed something that I've long speculated: that 1934's William Tell was actually directed by Bill Nolan, not Walter Lantz. It has also been discovered that the animators credited for 1939's Arabs with Dirty Fezzes were George Dane and Laverne Harding (previously we erroneously listed the cartoon as having no animation credits at all).

Cheers,
Pietro:cool:

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

I like this, :D
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Scarlet Pumpernickel

Postby Scarlet Pumpernickel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:09 am

Nice finds, Pietro!
It'd be a great idea if the sources that erroneously listed William Tell as a Walter Lantz-made cartoon -and gave an erroneous animator list as well- were mentioned on the entry, as well as the source that originated the mistake if any information regarding this subject is available.
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.”

--Ernestine Ulmer

Pietro

Postby Pietro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:Nice finds, Pietro!
It'd be a great idea if the sources that erroneously listed William Tell as a Walter Lantz-made cartoon -and gave an erroneous animator list as well- were mentioned on the entry, as well as the source that originated the mistake if any information regarding this subject is available.
I'll add a note on that ASAP.

I'm not sure where the incorrect credits for William Tell originated from. I assumed that they came from copyright records, but I double-checked that and I couldn't find any credits.

In any case, the wrong has been righted and we now have a slightly better understanding of the Lantz studio in 1934 because of it.

Cheers,

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 pm

http://lantz.goldenagecartoons.com/1957.html

"Round Trip to Mars" is the date given correct as this one cartoon has it date given to be 10/22/1956 while this page is the full entries of 1957.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Pietro

Postby Pietro » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 am

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:http://lantz.goldenagecartoons.com/1957.html

"Round Trip to Mars" is the date given correct as this one cartoon has it date given to be 10/22/1956 while this page is the full entries of 1957.
Thanks for spotting that! :)

The actual release date of Round Trip was 9/23/57.

It should be fixed now.

Cheers,

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:30 pm

http://mayersononanimation.blogspot.com/2006/05/letter-from-dick-lundy.html

Dick Lundy seems to have alternate working titles for some of titles he worked on at Lantz.

Return to “Site Updates”