GAC Review: Essential Bugs Bunny [REPOST]

Find out what's new and updated on the websites hosted on GoldenAgeCartoons.com!
Jon Cooke

GAC Review: Essential Bugs Bunny [REPOST]

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Back online is Brandon Pierce's review of The Essential Bugs Bunny DVD.

http://reviews.goldenagecartoons.com/2010/bugs/

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:43 am

I loved rereading my negative review, and then seeing a link, "Click Here to order The Essential Bugs Bunny". :D Gave me a good hearty laugh.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 pm

I actually recieved this DVD, but with different packaging. It was in a slipcase, so I can't be sure how Brandon bought his.
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 am

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:I can't be sure how Brandon bought his.

I walked into Target, and paid for it. Ba-dum-chssss! Doesn't make me look any better though.

They may have just changed the packaging at some point. Does your packaging have the Table of Contents sleeve on the inside of the artwork cover? Where you have to pull the artwork out to see the contents listing? If not, that's a major improvement.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:I walked into Target, and paid for it. Ba-dum-chssss! Doesn't make me look any better though.

They may have just changed the packaging at some point. Does your packaging have the Table of Contents sleeve on the inside of the artwork cover? Where you have to pull the artwork out to see the contents listing? If not, that's a major improvement.

Yeah, but you have to take out the second disc in order to read the listings for Disc Two a little better, but you don't have to pull out the artwork at all. I don't know if yours came in a slipcase, though...maybe that was just an Amazon thing, wherever their supplyer is...

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Yeah, but you have to take out the second disc in order to read the listings for Disc Two a little better, but you don't have to pull out the artwork at all. I don't know if yours came in a slipcase, though...maybe that was just an Amazon thing, wherever their supplyer is...

If by a little better, you mean you can read 5% of the words, then yes. Got mine from Wal-Mart and it's not easy to read.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:13 pm

quack-up wrote:If by a little better, you mean you can read 5% of the words, then yes. Got mine from Wal-Mart and it's not easy to read.

No, you can read the whole list...as mentioned, you just have to take out Disc Two and it's right there...

P.S.---200th post! Die Fledermaus! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:No, you can read the whole list...as mentioned, you just have to take out Disc Two and it's right there...

P.S.---200th post! Die Fledermaus! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not the case with mine. You probably bought it from someone other than WHV. ;)

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 pm

quack-up wrote:Not the case with mine. You probably bought it from someone other than WHV. ;)

I believe this is getting confusing for all of us so...

DID YOURS COME IN A SLIPCASE?!?!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

I will say that if you're a fan of Rabbit of Seville, buy this set because they made good with the music issue where the speed was slower causing the music to be on a different key rather than the original key on the Golden Collection. I wish they made good with Rabbit Fire (maybe they will for Blu-Ray). As mentioned the packaging was different than the review recalls. That might have been a mistake or Warners read the review and made good.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Return to “Site Updates”