Phineas and Ferb.

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

New episode this Friday! I don't know much about it, except it's another 15-minute block. *sigh* I don't know anybody who even watched Fish Hooks anyway... :(
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
King Delbert
Junior Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 am
Location: Bellaire, OH

Postby King Delbert » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:New episode this Friday! I don't know much about it, except it's another 15-minute block. *sigh* I don't know anybody who even watched Fish Hooks anyway... :(


Actually, I do watch Fish Hooks. I don't watch it as much as I do Phineas and Ferb or any classic animation, but it's a good show for what it is.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm

King Delbert wrote:Actually, I do watch Fish Hooks. I don't watch it as much as I do Phineas and Ferb or any classic animation, but it's a good show for what it is.


Well...'spose I do then!
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
mobo85
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:40 pm
Location: Bloomingdale, NJ

Postby mobo85 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Wow. I don't know how long it's been since I've posted here, but I found this thread and felt it necessary to contribute.

Although I can see this is a tiny group of Phineas and Ferb fans, it's always nice to see more. I watched the show on and off since it debuted but I didn't really get "into" it until the Christmas special aired in December of 2009. Since then, I've kind of become the unofficial Phineas and Ferb news guy over at the P&F Wiki, as well as co-editing their Twitter and Facebook pages. The people there are kind of rambunctious, but they seem to appreciate what I contribute. My "position" as it were and love of the show has led to, besides a lot of horrible drawings and a fan fiction or two, me attending two separate events promoting Across the 2nd Dimension in New York City- one of which allowed me to meet Dan Povenmire, Swampy Marsh, Alyson Stoner, and Dee Bradley Baker alongside the Phineas, Ferb, and Agent P theme park characters- being a guest on a podcast devoted to the show and the telefilm, and becoming internet pals with writer and storyboard artist Aliki Grafft, which led to an interview I am very proud of. I've kind of made a good number of online friends through the show.

Although the show hasn't caught wildfire as, say, My Little Pony has, it's very nice to see that it's doing well and has for the most part become a ratings winner for Disney, grabbing a good portion of the audience when a new episode airs not only in its target demographics but adults as well. And since Disney has set a date for the feature film, we can only assume they continue to have high hopes for it.

In conclusion, aren't I a little old to be babbling like this? Yes. Yes I am.

User avatar
King Delbert
Junior Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 am
Location: Bellaire, OH

Postby King Delbert » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:58 pm

mobo85 wrote:Wow. I don't know how long it's been since I've posted here, but I found this thread and felt it necessary to contribute.

Although I can see this is a tiny group of Phineas and Ferb fans, it's always nice to see more. I watched the show on and off since it debuted but I didn't really get "into" it until the Christmas special aired in December of 2009. Since then, I've kind of become the unofficial Phineas and Ferb news guy over at the P&F Wiki, as well as co-editing their Twitter and Facebook pages. The people there are kind of rambunctious, but they seem to appreciate what I contribute. My "position" as it were and love of the show has led to, besides a lot of horrible drawings and a fan fiction or two, me attending two separate events promoting Across the 2nd Dimension in New York City- one of which allowed me to meet Dan Povenmire, Swampy Marsh, Alyson Stoner, and Dee Bradley Baker alongside the Phineas, Ferb, and Agent P theme park characters- being a guest on a podcast devoted to the show and the telefilm, and becoming internet pals with writer and storyboard artist Aliki Grafft, which led to an interview I am very proud of. I've kind of made a good number of online friends through the show.

Although the show hasn't caught wildfire as, say, My Little Pony has, it's very nice to see that it's doing well and has for the most part become a ratings winner for Disney, grabbing a good portion of the audience when a new episode airs not only in its target demographics but adults as well. And since Disney has set a date for the feature film, we can only assume they continue to have high hopes for it.

In conclusion, aren't I a little old to be babbling like this? Yes. Yes I am.


Only read the first part of the interview. Good enough for me. Grew up watching Looney Tunes and Popeye and Disney stuff. Got an internship at Hanna-Barbera. That's all I wanna know;) She gets its!!!!

EDIT: I now read the whole thing. Very interesting!!!!!!!!!
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 pm

mobo85 wrote:Wow. I don't know how long it's been since I've posted here, but I found this thread and felt it necessary to contribute.

Although I can see this is a tiny group of Phineas and Ferb fans, it's always nice to see more. I watched the show on and off since it debuted but I didn't really get "into" it until the Christmas special aired in December of 2009. Since then, I've kind of become the unofficial Phineas and Ferb news guy over at the P&F Wiki, as well as co-editing their Twitter and Facebook pages. The people there are kind of rambunctious, but they seem to appreciate what I contribute. My "position" as it were and love of the show has led to, besides a lot of horrible drawings and a fan fiction or two, me attending two separate events promoting Across the 2nd Dimension in New York City- one of which allowed me to meet Dan Povenmire, Swampy Marsh, Alyson Stoner, and Dee Bradley Baker alongside the Phineas, Ferb, and Agent P theme park characters- being a guest on a podcast devoted to the show and the telefilm, and becoming internet pals with writer and storyboard artist Aliki Grafft, which led to an interview I am very proud of. I've kind of made a good number of online friends through the show.

Although the show hasn't caught wildfire as, say, My Little Pony has, it's very nice to see that it's doing well and has for the most part become a ratings winner for Disney, grabbing a good portion of the audience when a new episode airs not only in its target demographics but adults as well. And since Disney has set a date for the feature film, we can only assume they continue to have high hopes for it.

In conclusion, aren't I a little old to be babbling like this? Yes. Yes I am.


That's awesome! Feel free to visit GAC again any time!
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Glowworm
Junior Member
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: In a box

Postby Glowworm » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:New episode this Friday! I don't know much about it, except it's another 15-minute block. *sigh* I don't know anybody who even watched Fish Hooks anyway... :(

It was actually rather disappointing IMO. THe ending seemed rather confusing--and did not have an epic battle against the nefarious tower as I had hoped.

However, Isabella and friends playing pranks on a sleeping Candace was hysterical--including the old "placing one's hand in a bowl of warm water." :D

I also liked the outcome of Doof's subplot involving his brother--although I sort of could guess what was really going on.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, since the forum is closing, I just wanted to thank all of you who shared my interest in this fantastic show. We will meet again!
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Zartok-35
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: Saskatchetoon

Postby Zartok-35 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:46 pm

It's been a pleasure, Paulie.
You've gotta change with the changes.
http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Zartok-35 wrote:It's been a pleasure, Paulie.


Ah, I knew I wasn't the only one on this site that liked it. Thank you, Zartok.
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!


Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests