About Xenia, aka Pearl Pureheart

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Brandon Panther

About Xenia, aka Pearl Pureheart

Postby Brandon Panther » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am

Xenia's cousin informed me yesterday that Xenia had been taken off life support. Here is his message:
Pearl Pureheart wrote:Im posting on behalf of Xenia for the last time. Last night Xenia had a brain hemmorhage. The doctors wanted to operate. Her parents were against it. They said she has suffered enough. I told them they should operate but were against it. Xenia was given an injection last night and will be in a better place. She tried hard to be with us. Monday is her fueneral. Thanks for understanding.

I feel really bad about all this, even though we didn't really talk much. And, it's shameful the controversy that came about the other day.

I had forwarded this message to Jon, but I'm not sure he has been online since then. I wanted a mod to post this so everyone would know it was legit, and possibly keep another flamewar from going on.

Anyway, I'm very sad she's gone now, and hope she's found peace.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

The Crazy HR

Postby The Crazy HR » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 am

Well, it's good to finally know that the posts were legit, and that there were no hacks or whatever.

Goodbye, Pearl/Xenia. You were a great fighter.

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:21 pm

This is very sad, I've been following Xenia's problems since we had thought she passed away the first time and it's beyond unfortunate that a potential miracle for her ignited a mini-flame war I chose to stay out of. This is very sad and I believe one of the first times a member I've been a forum on passed away while I was a member.

RIP Xenia/Pearl Pureheart. We love and miss you. :(
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Then that's it then. She's gone. My sincere apologies to her family. RIP Xenia you're really now in a better place.

Lee Glover

Postby Lee Glover » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:38 pm

To all you guys who cried out "hoax", I hope you hang your heads in shame.

Rest in peace, Xenia. God bless you.
:fox: Watch out for a crow wearing a derby! :fox:

This Blog's A Load Of CARTOONS! - Update: TV Comic - Six Of The Best: Christmas Cartoons :bugs2::daffy::tweety::sylvester:ysam::tomcat: :jerry::bbear:

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm trying to be as respectful as I can with this critique...
Lee Glover wrote:To all you guys who cried out "hoax", I hope you hang your heads in shame.

But, how do we know the PM sent to Brandon Panther really was legit? We still have nothing telling us that these posts/PMs were really from the cousin Sid or if they were from Xenia herself(which is what I, and it seems like the others, suspect). I know I'll look like a monster if I am indeed wrong, and maybe I already do to some of you, but I remain unconvinced.

It really is a sad story, and I'm sorry for all those involved, but you can't deny the suspicious air around the whole thing.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Not to be morbid, but is there a site announcing the funeral? I'm curious as to why this hasn't shown up on any news sites either, given the extravagant circumstances. A mortician packing up a body and not realizing she was alive? I'd be surprised if that would happen here in America, but since their healthcare is better than ours, it makes the situation all the more unbelievable.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Due to the late circumstances, i'm not gonna told one word to the Xenia's death since it moved to irkness and rage between the forums members.

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:I had forwarded this message to Jon, but I'm not sure he has been online since then. I wanted a mod to post this so everyone would know it was legit, and possibly keep another flamewar from going on.

Anyway, I'm very sad she's gone now, and hope she's found peace.

Not sure that will work, unfortunately (about the flamewar)..Ive had my own thoughts about this, but this is not the time or place for that sort of thing. Seems best that we just give everyone involved the benefit of the doubt and let the situation go..

I also hope she has found her peace..

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:38 pm

:(I was really hoping she'd pull through.Rest in peace, Pearl.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”