So where did Looney Tunes: Back in Action go so wrong?!

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
nickramer

Postby nickramer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

No offense, but was that NC type rant really necessary?

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 pm

nickramer wrote:No offense, but was that NC type rant really necessary?

Yes, I'd say it was. This is perfect Nostalgia Critic material if it wasn't from 2003.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Philo & Gunge wrote:Yes, I'd say it was. This is perfect Nostalgia Critic material if it wasn't from 2003.

Rob Walker told me last year that him and Doug were actually going to review Back in Action, but opted not to because of the heat they took for reviewing TMNT, which was still a fairly recent movie (even though most fans were the ones who badgered Doug to review TMNT in the first place, but whatever).

That, and they didn't find any major flaws to pick apart in the film.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:Rob Walker told me last year that him and Doug were actually going to review Back in Action, but opted not to because of the heat they took for reviewing TMNT, which was still a fairly recent movie (even though most fans were the ones who badgered Doug to review TMNT in the first place, but whatever).

That, and they didn't find any major flaws to pick apart in the film.

That's really interesting. I was considering starting to do Nostalgia Critic-style reviews this summer as The Nostalgia Teen reviewing movies from the mid 90's to mid 00's and Looney Tunes: Back in Action was one of the films I was really aiming to review early on. Now I guess I have to give it a second thought. :\
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am

J. B. Warner wrote:Oh, but don't you see? Having Kate go to DJ's house to look for Daffy provided the writers with the perfect opportunity to do the 2,987th parody of the shower scene from Psycho! And you wouldn't want them to pass up an opportunity like that, would you?

Well, I do think that scene was funny, but it also went on a little bit long.

R. Araya

Postby R. Araya » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:It's like the network executives who cancel a show because a show got HIGH RATINGS in the wrong demographic. Who the Hell cares? If you have a show that's giving you high ratings in ANY demographic and is making you money, why ruin that?

That reminds me of the infamous "rural purge" which axed The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, even the still high-rated Red Skelton Show. just because they served a very small demographic. Even for me, it looks like a more plausible cause for the lack of interest of WB to market the movie.
The Golden Age Cartoon Forums: It's Been a Long, Long Time.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”