What do you guys think about My Little Pony Friendship is magic?

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 pm

nickramer wrote:Actually, they mention other stuff like "The Looney Tunes Show" and a new similar show for another classic cartoon franchize that I don't want to mention planned for 2013 although the designs are not really exaggerated (hint: the characters are having a restored set coming out and are the same age as Bugs). No news for Seth's "Flintstones" show, though.

Ah, thanks again. Disappointed about the lack of news for the Flintstones reimagining, but that's another topic.

Back on topic before it gets derailed, I found one video I plan to commentate on about the issue of obsessive bronies. You know, the ones who act just like the Twilight fan girls but with ponies.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

Ben-the-looney

Postby Ben-the-looney » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 am

Did anyone see the newest episode, "Lesson Zero"?

I loved how crazy Twilight got. She was even starting to creep me out in some scenes.

OriginalGagBonkers

Postby OriginalGagBonkers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I saw lesson zero. I loved the crazy expressions that Twilight was making. I sense that the animators were inspired by John K on the sheer insanity that Twilight was going through.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 pm

OriginalGagBonkers wrote:I saw lesson zero. I loved the crazy expressions that Twilight was making. I sense that the animators were inspired by John K on the sheer insanity that Twilight was going through.

I got that vibe more with Party of One personally. (The splattered paint backgrounds during Pinkie's "episode" screamed Ren and Stimpy to me).

Call me the Devil's advocate here but I don't see why everyone says Twilight's insanity came suddenly. She always feared screwing up in front of Celestia and she always makes sure every dust speck is in place for her royal highness. Nothing new to me, though the fighting over a scrumpy doll thing did make me think twice.

Darkblader

Postby Darkblader » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I always thought the insanity from Twilight was bound to happen sooner or later. After all, NOBODY doesn't like to be a screw up in front of someone filled with Royalty. John K didn't come to mind when I saw Twilight's expressions. Freaky Fred did. You know from that episode of Courage the cowardly dog.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Darkblader wrote:I always thought the insanity from Twilight was bound to happen sooner or later. After all, NOBODY doesn't like to be a screw up in front of someone filled with Royalty. John K didn't come to mind when I saw Twilight's expressions. Freaky Fred did. You know from that episode of Courage the cowardly dog.

Yeah, I see what you mean, the wide grin especially. I agree completely, as it's been established that Twilight is incredibly frightful of her superior, despite the fact Celestia actually comes off as motherly, informal, and a bit of a jokester at times, while the purple unicorn thinks she's some sort of tyrant who rules Equestria with an iron hoof.

So again, I agree, something had to give and, in her defense, missing a deadline does seem like a bit of a doozy in terms of royalty.

Now I will say this, I cannot wait until the next episode, not just because Luna's making her welcome return, but because it's a Halloween episode. What are your expectations for Luna, guys?

For me, I'm thinking she'll be a bit shy since the last we saw her was the end of the pilot (Having undergone a bit of an exorcism from her Nightmare Moon stint) and she might not want everypony to dig up old bones about her little rampage. Then again, she could have pulled a complete 180 and become very outgoing, but only time will tell.

OriginalGagBonkers

Postby OriginalGagBonkers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:48 pm

I never saw the connection of Freaky fred and Twilight's grin until just now. I thought that smile looked awfully familiar. Too bad Twilight didn't think of a rhyme to end with naughty :D.

I am going to dvr the latest episode(I got work on Saturday). I think it would be interesting to see the true personality of Luna. I have a feeling that she's got a bit of shy personality. Who knows, lets wait and see. Its no brainer that Pinkie Pie is likely to pull a bunch of tricks in this one, considering its a Halloween episode.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Me too, though it's because I have a feeling it'll be better at night (Being a Halloween episode and all), and it'll fit well in my viewing marathon of Simpsons TOH episodes (It's a tradition, that and a horror film marathon).

BTW, some of the costumes the ponies have on are interesting, assuming you guys have seen them.

OriginalGagBonkers

Postby OriginalGagBonkers » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Not only did I make my paycheck today, but I also got around to watching today's episode(thank you DVR :D).

Now for the first thing, being Luna's first appearance. I will say the appearance she made for this episode was one heck of an entrance. I liked the fact that Twilight had a wizard costume(suited her), also it seems that Rainbow dash was more of the prankster in this than Pinkie pie was. For a Halloween episode, it was a good one. Although if Luna will appear in any future episodes, I'm going to have to get used to her "royal" voice.

Not that its bad mind you, I perfer her quieter voice. It was nice to see Zecora again. And for some reason, Rarity is not in this episode. I can only guess she wanted her beauty sleep. Also, I laughed at the end of this episode.

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:22 pm

^I've heard her part was cut out, though she was in the script.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”