What do you guys think about My Little Pony Friendship is magic?

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
OriginalGagBonkers

Postby OriginalGagBonkers » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:23 pm

What was that scene the case?

The "Chase"

Postby The "Chase" » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:31 pm

OriginalGagBonkers wrote:What was that scene the case?

Scroll down to find the answer.

Sean Gaffney

Postby Sean Gaffney » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:23 am

Regarding today's ep, I will note I found Fluttershy's whole scene very 'classic cartoon', especially the splat.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:55 am

Call me biased for being a huge fan of Halloween specials and the like, but I think this was the best episode in the series thus far. Everything about it worked, it had a classic spooky atmosphere, but yet retained most of the charm the series is known for. I agree, the Fluttershy scene reminded me of something Golden Age indeed, especially the last bit where the trick or treaters think Luna did something to her.

Regarding Rarity's disappearance, I guess she was overworked with doing everyone's costumes (Assuming there isn't a store like Spirit in Equestria), so she herself didn't get to partake in Nightmare Night.

One other thing: Pinkie Pie in a chicken outfit (Sorry, Scootaloo outfit :tweety: ) really stole the show. The filly even laid an egg! Rainbow Dash was great too, especially since I do a lot of pranking on Halloween myself (If by that we mean waiting for Trick or Treaters to come by and jump out at them.) Luna was alright, I didn't care for her "Royal" voice so much as her normal one, so I'm guessing we have to either get used to it or have her lose some of her huge fan base, assuming she keeps it.

All in all, great episode. Really, season 2's been blowing my mind, and this is only the beginning, folks. Season 1 was great, sure, it's what got us all together in the first place, but all I can say now is wow. My expectations were blown out of the water.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”