Retro Nickelodeon Stuff!

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Paulie J. Waddle

Retro Nickelodeon Stuff!

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 pm

So, I was at home today sitting on my couch, going along the channel guide recording my usual mothly backwash of CatDog reruns (I admit it---I like it) on Nicktoons when I noticed that TeenNick has started airing Clarissa Explains All! Doug! Kenan and Kel! All That! Apparently, it's supposed to be some block called The '90s Are All That. Upcoming shows, according to Wrongpedia:
-Aaahh! Real Monsters!
-The Adventures Of Pete And Pete
-The Amanda Show
-Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
-CatDog (airs on Nicktoons)
-Double Dare
-GUTS
-Hey Arnold! (Now my mom is happy)
-Legends of The Hidden Temple (never heard of it)
-Rocket Power
-The Ren & Stimpy Show (airing on Nicktoons, mostly Games stuff)
-Rocko's Modern Life (airing on Nicktoons)
-Rugrats (airing on Nicktoons, but I don't believe that)
-Salute Your Shorts
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 am

Did you mean Wikipedia when you typed "Wrongpedia" (I could not find a site called "Wrongpedia")? Since the Wikipedia article for the programming block "The '90s Are All That" has the list of "upcoming shows" you listed, I would suggest you keep visiting reliable sources such as TV Tattle and Broadcasting & Cable for further information rather than an encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone.

News articles on the same subject are like the first steps toward an encyclopedia article. They are the first rough drafts of history (pardon the common phrase, but it is true).

Bobby Bickert

Postby Bobby Bickert » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:27 pm

No Alex Mack?

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/22/teennick-shows/

Interesting promo for the block. It appears things like Weinerville and Stick Stickly might make a reappearance for the block, something I never even thought possible. I would love to watch this, but like so many other people, I don't have access to Teenick. Hopefully it sticks around for a awhile, and maybe even spurs more DVD releases(some Nicktoons, like Rocko, are getting Shout Factory releases right now).

Mario500 wrote:Did you mean Wikipedia when you typed "Wrongpedia" (I could not find a site called "Wrongpedia")?

Derp.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:22 pm

SNES Chalmers wrote:Derp.

What did you mean?

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Mario500 wrote:What did you mean?

You really don't know what that means? Wow. Derp is Internet slang. It's mostly used on pictures of people or animals making stupd faces or as a reply to something stupid someone says or does. For example, you thought that when Paulie said Wrongapedia she was refering to an ACTUAL site called Wrongapedia when instead she was making fun of how so many of Wikipedias articles are lies(just like the cake)

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:39 pm

^I don't ever use Internet slang and I'm not familiar with many of the latest slang terms and phrases. I'm sure many folks were fooled into thinking Paulie (who is female, according to her profile) was referring to an actual site called "Wrongpedia". After learning the definition of "derp", I consider it insulting, especially when many folks could have been fooled easily.

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Mario500 wrote:^I don't ever use Internet slang and I'm not familiar with many of the latest slang terms and phrases. I'm sure many folks were fooled into thinking Paulie (who is female, according to her profile) was referring to an actual site called "Wrongpedia". After learning the definition of "derf", I consider it insulting, especially when many folks could have been fooled easily.

DERP. Not derf. Why would you be insulted by it? It's just a joke as is the Wrongapedia thing. A pretty good bit of people that are members on here know that about Wikipedia since I've seen people on here insult it for that reason many times. Please lighten up. Have fun.(BTW thanks for telling me about Paulie :o sorry Paulie.)

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Bannedcartoonfan wrote: Have fun.(BTW thanks for telling me about Paulie :o sorry Paulie.)

Eh, no big. I know a lot of people who would have wanted to know that.

(PS, my username is based off a <male> cartoon character I've created. I DO know girls named Pauline who shorten it to Paulie, though.)

EDIT: I just realized the episodes will be running in chronological order. You are not dreaming.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Mario500 wrote:^I don't ever use Internet slang and I'm not familiar with many of the latest slang terms and phrases. I'm sure many folks were fooled into thinking Paulie (who is female, according to her profile) was referring to an actual site called "Wrongpedia". After learning the definition of "derp", I consider it insulting, especially when many folks could have been fooled easily.

"Wrongpedia" is slang for Wikipedia, because of its many flaws and rampant vandalism. I apologize for any confusion this might have caused, Mario500.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”