Retro Nickelodeon Stuff!

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 pm

SNES Chalmers wrote:It's so strange, never in a million years would I have thought that Stick Stickly would return; I figured that would be one of the last things Nick would've revived.

Hey, at least they're noy using that Pickman guy anymore...
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah, I suppose. I'm kind of curious though if Nick would ever dare show that short film(or even acknowledge it's existence) where Stick Stickly searches for his twin brother, which features a part where he visits the Twin Towers.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Aw man! My stupid DVR didn't record the U-Pick w/ Stick special! Can anybody tell me if Angry Beavers (aka what I voted for) aired?

Snowpeck II

Postby Snowpeck II » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am

Yes it did (and your post was made as the Angry Beavers episode was repeating... they ran the block 2 or 3 times last night.) The lineup was Legends of the Hidden Temple/Angry Beavers/Salute Your Shorts/Rugrats.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:11 am

Snowpeck II wrote:Yes it did (and your post was made as the Angry Beavers episode was repeating... they ran the block 2 or 3 times last night.) The lineup was Legends of the Hidden Temple/Angry Beavers/Salute Your Shorts/Rugrats.

Oh well. Thanks anyway. I'm not really watching anymore, considering they replaced my precious Rocko's Modern Life with Doug, which I like, but it gets kinda boring after a while.

(I also wanted to watch the Stick Stickly shorts too, but it was getting kinda late anyway)

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:36 pm

You guys are so lucky. The best they show here is the Amanda Show (probably was now, since you have the show instead :/). They also show Fresh Prince.

Honestly, I'd give anything to actually get american TV. I'm so sick of iCarly and Victorious.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm

This is a great move for Nick. I have a lot of the line-up set up on my DVR (Except All That, I never much cared for that show). I'm checking out some shows I never got the chance to enjoy (Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude) and some old favorites (Doug, as boring as it was).

Funny thing, I never knew the block was going on until I was catching Malcolm one night and I saw a promo for U-Pick with Stick. Needless to say I checked it out and I don't think I had a wider smile on my face. Take that, Nick naysayers.

That said, my brother is now a huge Kenan and Kel fan thanks to my DVR recordings, and I can't wait until they put Rocko back on the rotation.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 pm

flyingfrog76 wrote:This is a great move for Nick. I have a lot of the line-up set up on my DVR (Except All That, I never much cared for that show). I'm checking out some shows I never got the chance to enjoy (Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude) and some old favorites (Doug, as boring as it was).

Funny thing, I never knew the block was going on until I was catching Malcolm one night and I saw a promo for U-Pick with Stick. Needless to say I checked it out and I don't think I had a wider smile on my face. Take that, Nick naysayers.

That said, my brother is now a huge Kenan and Kel fan thanks to my DVR recordings, and I can't wait until they put Rocko back on the rotation.

They put Rocko in rotation for about two weeks until Doug fans started complaining on the Facebook page. Something like that.

flyingfrog76

Postby flyingfrog76 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:They put Rocko in rotation for about two weeks until Doug fans started complaining on the Facebook page. Something like that.

I guess I was a little late to the party.
Watching classic animation since 1992.

Daff Doc

Postby Daff Doc » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:18 pm

I didn't know what channel/medium you guys were able to see all this on maybe til I stumbled upon TeenNick channel just now. Lot's of memories on atm.
Well, fancy meeting you two here.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”