Retro Nickelodeon Stuff!

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Mario500 wrote:I'm sure many folks were fooled thinking Paulie (who is female, according to her profile) was referring to an actual site called "Wrongpedia".

Only someone like you wouldn't realize "Wrongpedia" wasn't a real site, especially when the word is used as a derogatory term referring to Wikipedia on many Internet message boards, including this one. It's like referring to Disney as "Di$ney", making fun of it's corporate greed.

Jeez.

Also, the websites Urban Dictionary and, if you're daring enough, Know Your Meme are good sources to learn about the various lingo and other crap that stems from the Internet.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 pm

SNES Chalmers wrote:Only someone like you wouldn't realize "Wrongpedia" wasn't a real site, especially when the word is used as a derogatory term referring to Wikipedia on many Internet message boards, including this one. It's like referring to Disney as "Di$ney", making fun of it's corporate greed.

I hate to be off-topic, but how come I don't much of Warner Bros. being type as "Warner Bro$."? In some ways, I think their greed is worse.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:04 pm

nickramer wrote:I hate to be off-topic, but how come I don't much of Warner Bros. being type as "Warner Bro$."? In some ways, I think their greed is worse.

Reminds me of this retro toy store I was at today. They had a few shelves of cartoon-related things, (Popeye, Family Guy, Yellow Submarine, Hanna-Barbera, The Simpsons, Peanuts, classic Mickey shorts, Felix the Cat, Betty Boop, Gumby, South Park, advertising mascots, etc.) and a tiny little shelf containing The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes book, a cool set of magnets, a stereotypical Taz mug and A TWEETY DOOR-HANGER READING "SASSY!" :eek: Okay, I've seen all of this before, (I'll admit I own a few shirts) but when that overrides my view of the awesome Hanna-Barbera Treasury book, I WILL CALL WARNER A CHEATER.

(Though ironically, the souvenir shirt store right next to the retro place has an unauthorized shirt with the WB shield and the saying: "If you see da police-WARN A BROTHA!)
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, you could do that if you wanted. It's not like it wouldn't fit. I think Disney is used more as an example of greed though because of all the stuff they've taken over in recent years.

Kyle G.

Postby Kyle G. » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Schedule for the first week: http://www.nickandmore.com/networks/teennick/the-90s-are-all-that

The schedule info I have also has the same four shows listed for all of August. I think they are going to be doing some fan voting and using feedback on the Facebook page to decide what shows they schedule in the fall. Assuming the block does well enough.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 pm

SNES Chalmers wrote:Well, you could do that if you wanted. It's not like it wouldn't fit. I think Disney is used more as an example of greed though because of all the stuff they've taken over in recent years.

+1, I was just mad at that retro store. I'll be on-topic...I suppose...

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 pm

ON topic, this new lineup is sure to do great. TV has had various channels and lineups devoted to series from past television decades, including the initial Boomerang lineup. The time for the 90's generation has come! :)
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Here is a link to a conversation with Keith Dawkins, the senior vice president and general manager of Nicktoons and TeenNick. The site includes the same programs from the list posted at the beginning of this topic.

Paulie J. Waddle

Update (not that you care)

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Stick Stickely: Oct. 7

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:26 am

It's so strange, never in a million years would I have thought that Stick Stickly would return; I figured that would be one of the last things Nick would've revived.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”