Hit or Miss: Adventure Time

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.

Hit or miss? Annoying or not?

Hit
39%
Miss
61%

Total votes: 31

Paulie J. Waddle

Hit or Miss: Adventure Time

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am

Believe it or not, I just discovered this show. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst. There was a joke in "The Eyes" episoide that had me chuckling. So now, I've been keeping up on new and old episodes. Quite good special with the whole Lich-turns-Princess Bubblegum-13 thing. Any thoughts?
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:11 am

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:14 am

Frankly I have an aversion to cartoon shows that look like they were animated by kindergartners.

I don't watch this show, so I don't know the overall quality of the writing, but I have a good feeling, I'm not missing much.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

tristar

Postby tristar » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 am

I've seen a few episodes, and I still don't understand what all the hype is about. IMO the show tries to have an edgy feel to attract teens and adults, but at its core, it's your average kid's show.

The short answer: No sir, I don't like it.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Lowers the standards of humanity.

Zartok-35

Postby Zartok-35 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Any show where a character voiced by Olivia Olson makes a big deal about someone eating her fries is pretty damn entertaining!
You've gotta change with the changes.
http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Zartok-35 wrote:Any show where a character voiced by Olivia Olson makes a big deal about someone eating her fries is pretty damn entertaining!

Funny Doofensmirtz hasn't tried. ;)
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Zartok-35 wrote:Any show where a character voiced by Olivia Olson makes a big deal about someone eating her fries is pretty damn entertaining!

I'm surprised that Marceline, of all characters, hasn't been featured in the show's Hot Topic merchandise yet.
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 am

Not a fan. I've laughed at it a few times, but those character designs leave a lot to be desired.

Overall, Regular Show is much better.

Ben-the-looney

Postby Ben-the-looney » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:36 pm

I hate this show.

The animation is below average, and it's painful to watch. Most of the humor is butt jokes, and gross humor. And, the characters just aren't that likeable. I will say though, Tom Kenny does a good job voicing the Ice King, but other then that, it's just a bland show.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”