Phineas and Ferb.

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Paulie J. Waddle

Phineas and Ferb.

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Since my "Big News:" thread on the "2nd Dimension" movie thread got some good attention, I've decided to off-shoot it into a general PnF discussion thread. Enjoy!
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:12 pm

I first saw an episode of the program shortly after my family gained access to the Disney Channel and a few other programming services full time as a part of a upgrade to digital cable TV in 2010. I was interested in seeing the program after learning Dan Povemire, one of the creators of the show, used to live in my hometown.

After seeing an episode for the first time, I became too busy with other activities to see entire episodes and lost interest until a few weeks ago when my interest returned after typing an article about Dan Povenmire visiting my hometown. I saw an episode of the show very early one Sunday morning and over the past week I've managed to watch the show in the morning or afternoon.

I saw "Phineas & Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension" this past Friday and thought it was good. I had a feeling the title characters would not remember the events of the movie. I hope their memories are restored in a future episode.

Ben-the-looney

Postby Ben-the-looney » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:34 pm

This is not only one of my favorite modern cartoons, but one of my favorite cartoons of all time.

I first saw it when I was babysitting my cousins, and having to sit through Disney Channel trash, but when this show came on, I was fasinated by it, it was actually a good modern cartoon, and so I've been hooked ever since. Its a cartoon done right as it can make both kids and adults enjoy it. One of my favorite adult jokes is from "Split Personality" when Candance says to her mom, "Phineas and Ferb made me," and her mom's like, "I have strech marks that say otherwise."

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm a Canderemy Fan. :) Can anybody some good canderemy episodes?

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:17 pm

^The previous poster combined the names of the characters Candace and Jeremy.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:30 pm

I got into it through my boyfriend. I haven't seen all the episodes, but I have watched quite a few online and sometimes on tv. It's one of the few good shows around these days.

I've actually gone to an anime convention as Perry the Platypus.:)
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Can anybody tell me some good Canderemy episodes?

"Summer Belongs To You" as a subplot... (personally, I'm big on Phinabella right now... :D)

I got this show first premiere. It was right after High School Musical 2 and my dad said I could stay up late and watch it downstairs. Never forgot it. I also remember my mom and I watching the "Lawn Gnome" episode and it froze on a shot of Jenny's face! Been part of the fandom ever since...

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I am a die hard Phineas and Ferb fan. I get just as excited of seeing these characters in merchendising as I do with Looney Tunes. I never got into it through the get-go because I thought it would be just like Johnny Test (which I hate). I heard good stuff about it through my cousin, so one day I took it upon myself to take a look at an episode. It looked like an okay show at first, but then the second episode got better. So I went online and learned more about the show, and then after a couple more episodes, I started loving this show. Here's what I want to drive home with: As many of you have complained (especially the baby boomers) the cartoons today are mean spirited, unfunny, and/or have stupid characters. This proves to even be better than even something as good as Fairly Oddparents because unlike the Timmy Turner characters, the Phineas and Ferb characters are a lot NICER. Phineas and Ferb do not act like idiotic boys, they're friendly, they care for thier older sister and each other. Even when Isabella has a crush on Phineas, rather than saying "I'm not your boyfriend," they are nice friends (but then again Isabella is not some crazy girl, rather she is sweet), and on the flip side Phineas doesn't try to get Isabella to love him because she is cute. It's all about good family clean fun. They're good role models for children, so moms will not mind kids watching Phineas and Ferb. As a result, it is now Disney Channel's biggest animated hit to date.
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:46 pm

king delbert wrote:i am a die hard phineas and ferb fan. I get just as excited of seeing these characters in merchendising as i do with looney tunes. I never got into it through the get-go because i thought it would be just like johnny test (which i hate). I heard good stuff about it through my cousin, so one day i took it upon myself to take a look at an episode. It looked like an okay show at first, but then the second episode got better. So i went online and learned more about the show, and then after a couple more episodes, i started loving this show. Here's what i want to drive home with: As many of you have complained (especially the baby boomers) the cartoons today are mean spirited, unfunny, and/or have stupid characters. This proves to even be better than even something as good as fairly oddparents because unlike the timmy turner characters, the phineas and ferb characters are a lot nicer. Phineas and ferb do not act like idiotic boys, they're friendly, they care for thier older sister and each other. Even when isabella has a crush on phineas, rather than saying "i'm not your boyfriend," they are nice friends (but then again isabella is not some crazy girl, rather she is sweet), and on the flip side phineas doesn't try to get isabella to love him because she is cute. It's all about good family clean fun. They're good role models for children, so moms will not mind kids watching phineas and ferb. As a result, it is now disney channel's biggest animated hit to date.

+1 (Can't tell ya how much PnF merch I have, though. That is a post for another time.)

Zartok-35

Postby Zartok-35 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Phineas and Ferb is awesome. I watch it mostly for the folleys of Doofenshmirtz and Perry the Platypus, a real comic breakthrough.
Dan Povenmire is my hero; he can make timed musical cartoons pretty much as well as Friz Freleng and Wilfred Jackson!
You've gotta change with the changes.
http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”