Phineas and Ferb.

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 am

kaseykockroach wrote:That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What does one have to do with the other?
...Besides the fact that they both star yellow things.


What I meant was that it seems they're only putting out new episodes for the pure purpose of getting past 200, like The Simpsons are doing for the main point of surpassing "Gunsmoke." Also, the authenticity of what made this show great is wearing off and becoming a childish mess. :eek:



[SIZE="1"]This rant was brought to you by a die-hard Phineas and Ferb fan. Thank you for your time.
-Paulie (")>[/SIZE]
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Soooo....

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 pm

...anybody know some good Phineas and Ferb quotes?
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
nickramer
Junior Member
Posts: 3912
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: columbus

Postby nickramer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:49 pm

I already posted a few on the quote thread.

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

"My Fair Goalie"

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Phenomenal. Spectacular. AWESOME! Today's episode was just hilarious!! "Nostrils on the Bus" is perhaps my new posting signature, if not my theme song, the palindrome thing was quite clever in its own right, Doofenshmirtz was at his prime, keeping the petty philosophers at bay (Gee, there's someone who doesn't collect Existentialist Bookmarks...) just so everyone can know his name (Doofenblatz?) or whatever, even going so far as to performing a stereotypical rumble while out of work with a terrible cold, eventually lulling himself to sleep (With Strauss, no less!) while his -inator kept on going!

And MAN! Those British curses sound terrible! Baljeet getting hit in an undesirable place just to break the Curse of the Emus? Good lord... I would not want to meet any Beckhams (or Peles) in a dark alley!

The plot was OK, but we didn't need Ferb's cousins or the whole "I still love you, Candace" C-plot, save for the sibling rivalry and its notorious "I've seen you put on more shirts than that" sequence which was probably funnier, if not equal to, Lawrence's "victory dance." I think the British uncle looks a lot like Jon from Garfield. Anybody know where Danville is? I'm feeling the need to move...OUT OF WISCONSIN! Funny I don't know any Johnsons...the song was okay, but I swear I heard Rob Paulsen somewhere in that voice actresses' singing! The dun-dun-dun jokes were OK, yet I DID NOT like the football/soccer thing. I think at this point this is way too obvious, no thanks to the promo and the fact that I'm sure we all knew Buford would have done this in the first place. Only downsides I could find...

Grade: A-

PS: Sorry about my oh-so-ignorant post, Nic... :shame:
-Paulie (")>
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Here's a thought...

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:37 pm

I just thought of this while at the grocery store.

You know how Spy vs. Spy comics usually have a little girl appearing? That little girl is actually Linda Flynn, Phineas's (and Candace's) mother. The story goes that two little boys named Black and White had a crush on a girl named Linda Grey. The two constantly fought for her affections, in a Popeye sorta way, but, remembering their spy heritage, the friendly fights turned into violent wars. Linda, of course, was not interested in Black, but White, for his angelic singing voice. Later the two got married and had two children, Candace, now 15, and Phineas, now 10. But how come you never see White Spy in any P/F episodes? Easy, that after all these years Black Spy finally tracked down White Spy and well, did as they usually do for 11 years straight. Linda got bored and went to a Love Handel concert w/ her friend, Charlene. The rest, is show history.
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
J. B. Warner
Posts: 1794
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:57 am
Location: Anywhere you're not

Postby J. B. Warner » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:I just thought of this while at the grocery store.

You know how Spy vs. Spy comics usually have a little girl appearing? That little girl is actually Linda Flynn, Phineas's (and Candace's) mother. The story goes that two little boys named Black and White had a crush on a girl named Linda Grey. The two constantly fought for her affections, in a Popeye sorta way, but, remembering their spy heritage, the friendly fights turned into violent wars. Linda, of course, was not interested in Black, but White, for his angelic singing voice. Later the two got married and had two children, Candace, now 15, and Phineas, now 10. But how come you never see White Spy in any P/F episodes? Easy, that after all these years Black Spy finally tracked down White Spy and well, did as they usually do for 11 years straight. Linda got bored and went to a Love Handel concert w/ her friend, Charlene. The rest, is show history.


Wild Random Guessing is always fun, isn't it?

I think the most interesting fan-made theory I've heard about P&F is the suggestion that Dr. Doofenshmirtz is Phineas' biological father. They both have triangle-shaped heads with one tuft of hair at the back, and they both love inventing things. Too bad the timelines don't match up (Dr. D went on one date with Linda in the early 1980s, not nearly recently enough to father a kid who's nine years old in 2008), or else it'd really be something to think about.

Personally, I don't care who Phineas' father or Ferb's mother are. Dan and Swampy are right: the show works much better without addressing that issue, which'd be way too serious and dramatic for the fun-filled universe they've created.
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:


User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 am

J. B. Warner wrote:Personally, I don't care who Phineas' father or Ferb's mother are. Dan and Swampy are right: the show works much better without addressing that issue, which'd be way too serious and dramatic for the fun-filled universe they've created.


Me neither, I just got bored at the grocery store so I looked at a MAD magazine while my mother was shopping and apparently I thought of that out of nowhere. (Nose?) I still wholeheartedly agree that the topic of Phineas's real father should never be brought up. That's like telling Santa Claus there is no Santa Claus. There's also this really amazing fan theory that was circulating right before AT2D that Perry is actually Phineas's real dad, turned into a platypus by Dr. Doofensmirtz, as if Doof was smarter than we thought. Perry was still a secret agent beforehand, so Phineas wouldn't really have known his real father anyway. :confused:

Personally, I don't see Perry having the looks of Dan Povenmire and the voice of Vincent Martella... ;)
[SIZE="1"]^Or would that be vice-versa?[/SIZE]
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Glowworm
Junior Member
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: In a box

Postby Glowworm » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Me neither, I just got bored at the grocery store so I looked at a MAD magazine while my mother was shopping and apparently I thought of that out of nowhere. (Nose?) I still wholeheartedly agree that the topic of Phineas's real father should never be brought up. That's like telling Santa Claus there is no Santa Claus. There's also this really amazing fan theory that was circulating right before AT2D that Perry is actually Phineas's real dad, turned into a platypus by Dr. Doofensmirtz, as if Doof was smarter than we thought. Perry was still a secret agent beforehand, so Phineas wouldn't really have known his real father anyway. :confused:

Personally, I don't see Perry having the looks of Dan Povenmire and the voice of Vincent Martella... ;)
^Or would that be vice-versa?

That's quite possibly the strangest theory I've ever heard. Then again I once decided that the mother duck in "The Ugly Duckling" had to have had some sort of traumatic fling with a swan--how else did that egg appear? My mother was not impressed with that theory.:D
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

User avatar
Paulie J. Waddle
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Location: Wackyland

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Glowworm wrote:That's quite possibly the strangest theory I've ever heard. Then again I once decided that the mother duck in "The Ugly Duckling" had to have had some sort of traumatic fling with a swan--how else did that egg appear? My mother was not impressed with that theory.:D


I could hug you right now! Thanks for your warm reply, distinguished member of this thread you are! I mean, there was just a new episode, you guys. I can't be the only one with a glowing (No pun intended) review.

Also, I would be cautious to believe those things. I mean, it could have been Donald's son! Granted, my theory with the cartoon was that the mother duck was actually Daisy Duck, and I probably had that thought at age 2. Thus... :eek:
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

User avatar
Glowworm
Junior Member
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: In a box

Postby Glowworm » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:I could hug you right now! Thanks for your warm reply, distinguished member of this thread you are! (I mean, there was just a new episode, people. It gets boring when I have to go to Toonzone to read other people's thoughts...:()

Also, I would be cautious to believe those things. I mean, it could have been Donald she was with! :cool: (That is the Disney one, right?)

Actually I meant the story in general--I'm a fairy tale nerd. I figured there was this terrible event regarding an amourous swan that she didn't want and he had his way(I don't mean to be sick, It was just something random I had come up with once.I'm also trying to tone it down as I don't know how old you are.) She did find a kind duck--but the swan egg was due to the affair.No wonder my mother didn't like that idea.

Anyhow--I have not seen the new episode--but my boyfriend did(he's the bigger fanatic of us both) and told me about it. He thought sick Doof was hillarious because he was all rambly.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny


Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests