Phineas and Ferb.

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Bobby Bickert

Postby Bobby Bickert » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:53 pm

It looks like tomorrow night's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is going to be Phineas & Ferb themed. There were costumed characters of P & F in the preview at the end of the last episode, plus the old house is "destroyed" by a green laser-type ray.

J. B. Warner

Postby J. B. Warner » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Bobby Bickert wrote:It looks like tomorrow night's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is going to be Phineas & Ferb themed. There were costumed characters of P & F in the preview at the end of the last episode, plus the old house is "destroyed" by a green laser-type ray.

Oh god, not the costume characters. Phineas and Ferb DO NOT work in three dimensions. It'd be a lot cooler if they could animate them into the show, Roger Rabbit-style. (They can do it on the cheap for "Take Two", why not this?)
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

J. B. Warner wrote:Oh god, not the costume characters. Phineas and Ferb DO NOT work in three dimensions. It'd be a lot cooler if they could animate them into the show, Roger Rabbit-style. (They can do it on the cheap for "Take Two", why not this?)

I think they did something like that during last year's Little League World Series. But I could be wrong. I know it had something to do with a helicopter and Ferb breaking the camera.
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:So...did you enjoy the Halloween special?

(PS-Sorry I deleted my post about poor Klimpaloon. It was a tad useless...)

Watched both episodes on youtube. Got to love how they spoofed the whole cliche "The house is gone!" and "What if they turned out to be ghosts?" The werecow bit was hysterical--although I was a tad surprised there was no real conclusion to ending Doof's "curse" on that one. Loved the song. "I'm not a ghost, I'm a sheet--that lives!":D

I loved how they were ripping on Twilight--I'm never going to read that book or watch those movies. I laughed at the entire movie spoof and loved the song--also loved Doof and Perry fighting in that machine and Buford carrying Baljeet in a carrier--seriously, is the poor guy his cat?

Very odd ending though--which was awesome.
Also, loved that clever bit where Lawrence is lamenting that there are no rock and roll musical numbers in the horror movie he is watching.( Caught the reference--but forgot the fact that Lawrence's voice actor had been part of that reference to begin with)
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

J. B. Warner

Postby J. B. Warner » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:So...did you enjoy the Halloween special?

I think they should have stretched the first act into a full half-hour. As it was, it felt rushed - lots of rapid overlapping dialogue and really short scenes, and Doofenshmirtz's subplot didn't even get resolved. Whenever they have dialogue over the musical number, you can tell they ran out of time to tell the whole story.

Still nice to see Dan and Swampy take a shot at Twilight, though. "Wait, weren't you just wearing a shirt?"
:bugs2: This post is intended for adult collectors and may contain material that is unsuitable for younger children. :daffy:

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 pm

J. B. Warner wrote: and Doofenshmirtz's subplot didn't even get resolved.

I was actually surprised there was no resolution to that predicament. My boyfriend likes to think that there will be an unexpected call back to the whole werecow subplot some time in the future.

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Glowworm wrote:I was actually surprised there was no resolution to that predicament. My boyfriend likes to think that there will be an unexpected call back to the whole werecow subplot some time in the future.

LOL!

"And now, Perry the Platypus, witness...the Turn-You-Into-A-Cow-inator. You remember many schemes ago I was a were-cow. Well now, the Tri-State Area will be my mooing servants! Just one slip of this suspicious-looking potion in their morning Joe, and observe the terr-OOPS! Had it said to the magical fairy setting..." ;)
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:32 pm

I also like the "Twilight" and I was surrprise to find out a certain famous '80's actor did the voice of the character "Micheal". "Gadzooks, Marty!"

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:56 pm

nickramer wrote:I also like the "Twilight" and I was surrprise to find out a certain famous '80's actor did the voice of the character "Micheal". "Gadzooks, Marty!"

The other two voice actors for Jared and Kristen had also played a vampire and his human love interest on "True Blood"

Also Michael Douglas and his son Dylan voiced the father of the haunted house and Russel, the young boy in "That's the Spirit"

kaneda

Postby kaneda » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 am

Phineas and Ferb are definitely 2D. For me it's Candace who fleshes the series out with her frustrations, annoyances and her jaw dropping screams as she tries to cope with the unexpected (with a tolerant mother who thinks she's more than a bit crazy.)

Perry is 2D too. It's the gravel voiced, wild eyed and insecure Dr Doofenshmirtz who also makes the show.

I saw the film last night and thought it very good.

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”