Phineas and Ferb.

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.
Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:53 pm

King Delbert wrote:I won't be able to catch it unfortinatly because..... I will be going to see Phineas and Ferb Live:D Tickets are in hand, I just got them today.

Let me ask this question, could someone perhaps be interested in starting up a website just like this one except it's all about Phineas and Ferb, and have discussions like this? Just a thought because it sounds like there are a lot of fans out there.

THAT. WOULD BE. AWESOME! But isn't there already a wiki that does that?! Unless, we take all info from the wiki, post it on the site for reference, and add fan reviews and corrections. Then, with enough of a following, we get a webcomic!
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Paulie J. Waddle

Rather than start a new thread over this...

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 pm

...here's my honest opinion on other modern cartoons compared to P/F:

The Penguins of Madagascar-Intelligent and witty, but then some slop artist started adding fart jokes. :confused:

Fish Hooks-Poor overall concept and childish plotting. The characters look pleasing, but couldn't we have left P/F as the only cartoon on DC?

Planet Sheen-If you thought Jimmy Neutron was dumb, stay away from this stinkbomb! :rolleyes:

TUFF Puppy-RIP-OFF! :mad:

Fairly OddParents-One of those shows that has a cop-out ending every time. Also, the characters are annoying.

Johnny Test-Cartoon Network's last chance at getting a dumb Canadian "Survivor" rip-off on American aiwaves. :ysam:

The Looney Tunes Show-I have absolutely no problem with this. Why? It's to boring to be reviewed. :shame:

Regular Show-Repetitive plotting at its best! And I like it! :bosko:

Adventure Time-OK, but they need funnier gags.

The Amazing World of Gumball-Repetitive, yet charming. :rolleyes:

SpongeBob-As much as I hate to say it, you're not The Simpsons!

Fanboy and Chum Chum-Don't watch, but the voice acting sounds horrid.

Mario500

Postby Mario500 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:04 pm

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:27 pm

The rumor that started was that the spin off would feature Isabella and the Fireside Girls. So they're going through with the live action movie after all. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 pm

King Delbert wrote:Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Have we learned nothing from Yogi Bear? Motion-capture platypuses don't work at all. You need rotoscope, baby! ;)

Other than that, I finally got to see "Skiddley Whiffers" on demand. Dr. Doof's a hippie? Perry playing a bear? I've only dreamed of these plot points! :D I especially liked the song at the beginning. The idea of a UPA-style commercial was nice. (Spot-on, too) Adding the retro-factor on Monopoly (Mouse Trap?) was even better. One more audience member satisfied! Apparently, according to ToonZone, the next episode will be a half-hour. Just saw the commercial for it, and apparently this episode's "super-sized." Hooray for self-satire!

PS-How was PnF Live?

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:02 am

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Have we learned nothing from Yogi Bear? Motion-capture platypuses don't work at all. You need rotoscope, baby! ;)

Other than that, I finally got to see "Skiddley Whiffers" on demand. Dr. Doof's a hippie? Perry playing a bear? I've only dreamed of these plot points! :D I especially liked the song at the beginning. The idea of a UPA-style commercial was nice. (Spot-on, too) Adding the retro-factor on Monopoly (Mouse Trap?) was even better. One more audience member satisfied! Apparently, according to ToonZone, the next episode will be a half-hour. Just saw the commercial for it, and apparently this episode's "super-sized." Hooray for self-satire!

PS-How was PnF Live?

I got to watch the new episode when I came back home. As for the Live Show, we had fun. The three of us (me and my two cousins) were like big kids. I got a program and a it came with a free little figure (I chose Phineas, and the guy said, "the green haired one?" I was smarter than he was, then it had the impression that it was Phineas, but was kind of ugly looking. It's Hanna Barbera merchantdising all over again, but I still like it; it's currently standing on one of my shelves). They sold Phineas "caps" and everyone who wore them looked liked coneheads:D As for the show, I really enjoyed it. I must point out that Buford was HUGE! The other characters are either mascot characters or people in costumes with eyes overtop of them to still make them look like the character. For example, Phineas, Ferb, Perry, Doofenshmirtzs, and Buford are mascots, while Candace, Isabella, Jeramy, and Baljeet had that other costume effect. If it comes to your area, GO THERE!

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

King Delbert wrote:I got a program and a it came with a free little figure (I chose Phineas, and the guy said, "the green haired one?" I was smarter than he was, then it had the impression that it was Phineas, but was kind of ugly looking. It's Hanna Barbera merchandising all over again, but I still like it.

Eh. People are weird like that. Love the Coneheads reference. I would love to see the high school kid in the Candace suit tip backwards! Anybody have the movie on DVD yet? I don't... :(

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Eh. People are weird like that. Anybody have the movie on DVD yet? I'm out... :(

I don't know 100% about what you are talking about, but I don't have the acual product of Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimmention. Rather, I have recorded it on DVD the night of the premiere. There's (in my opinion) no need for me to BUY the DVD if I have it allready have it (and it's cheaper to record it on DVD-R with I think $5 per 20 DVD-R pack compared to $20 for 2-discs). Look, I wasn't disappointed with the keychain, I treasure it. It's just a story I wanted to tell on here because it was part of my experience at Phineas and Ferb Live.

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:
SpongeBob-As much as I hate to say it, you're not The Simpsons!

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What does one have to do with the other?
...Besides the fact that they both star yellow things.

Zartok-35

Postby Zartok-35 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Paulie J. Waddle wrote:Anybody have the movie on DVD yet? I'm out... :(

I do! I do! It's worth it fort eh bonus features! I got it mostly for the commentaries on 'Attack of the 50 foot sister'. The deleted scenes are very nice!
You've gotta change with the changes.
http://blabbingonartsandculture.blogspot.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”