PS3 or Xbox 360?

Off-topic discussion forum. Talk about movies, contemporary animation, and other non-classic cartoon topics with fellow GAC members here.

PS3 or XBox 360?

PS3
60%
XBox 360
40%

Total votes: 5

thekingof8

PS3 or Xbox 360?

Postby thekingof8 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Actually this wasn't intended to be a poll. I'm looking for advice on which to get. I currently have a PS2, so I was thinking of getting the PS3 so I can still play my old games. I heard that there is a better selection of games for xbox, though.

What do you guys think.

PS- NHL 12 isn't available for the Wii, so I'm not getting that.

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:28 pm

If you buy a brand new PS3, then you can't play PS2 games on it. Just FYI. The XBox 360 is compatible with certain XBox titles; pretty much all the bigger titles will work.

I don't know, I have both(although I haven't played my 360 in over a year, in fact my little bro has it now) and while I like both, there are certain things that are better than what the other has. I love the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player and I think it's a better piece of hardware than the 360, i find it often times surpasses the 360 graphically, but at the same time I liked my 360 controller much better than the PS3s, the online system is overall better, and certain games play better on the 360(eg. shooters).

I'm not really big on the whole console wars mentality anymore, and I truly think they are both good systems, and they both have there pros and cons. But the lack of PS2 compatibility may just be the dealbreaker for you; it was for me for the longest time as well, until I realized I didn't really care about it anymore.

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I like the Sega Genesis and Nintendo Entertainment System. :daffy:

grundle

Postby grundle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm

My handle is the name of the green dragon from Adventure on the Atari 2600!

SNES Chalmers

Postby SNES Chalmers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm

kaseykockroach wrote:I like the Sega Genesis and Nintendo Entertainment System. :daffy:

Well yeah, everyone loves those. Super NES still pwns all though.

Gasmask Ted

Postby Gasmask Ted » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 pm

I have both; I think the PS3 is the better system, and has more exclusive games I'm interested in. Notably it has free online play (assuming you have a broadband internet connection), and you need to pay for that on the 360. But if there are a large amount of exclusive games on one system or the other that you would like to play (and not a similar or larger amount on the other system), that should determine your choice.
(All PS3s will play your PS1 games; as you have a PS2, and you'll get just over jack and a little less than **** for it, you could keep that and continue to play PS2 and PS1 games.)

cartoonfan4ever

Postby cartoonfan4ever » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I have the 360 and I'm happy with it. It has more of the games I'm interested in and I like the controller more. I had a PS2 for a short while and found the controller to be awkward.

I suggest, if you haven't already, that you look around at the different games that the 360 and PS3 have. I looked on websites and just browsed around to see what games they have. But if you're happy with your PS2 games/system, then I'm sure you'll be happy with the PS3.

Scuz Fink

Postby Scuz Fink » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 am

Get a PS3.

PS3 has more powerful processors and the games come on blu ray which can which can store a lot more information than Xbox360's DVDs.For example LA Noire comes on three discs for Xbox360 and comes on one disc for PS3.Plus it has a great blu ray player.And the free online game thing sounds amazing, you have to shell out so much cash for that on Xbox360.PS3 has now has homebrew and mods as well.

Ben-the-looney

Postby Ben-the-looney » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Nintendo 64.

J. J. Hunsecker

Postby J. J. Hunsecker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm

PS3 -- you can use it to play Blu-ray movies. In fact, it's rated as one of the best Blu-ray players around. It also can be ungraded to play 3-D Blu-ray movies (if you're into that) with a firmware update.
"I'd hate to take a bite outta you. You're a cookie full of arsenic."

Return to “The GAC Forums Water Cooler”