Welcome to The Merry-Go-Round Breakdown (Please Read Before Posting)

An on-going research forum devoted to archiving information about the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies filmography.
zavkram

Postby zavkram » Fri May 27, 2011 8:41 pm

But how about these ideas:

Transcripts of LT&MM Cartoons

(I could be wrong, but that sounds really time-consuming; at least for cartoons that are heavy on dialogue.)

The Colors of LT&MM Rings and Iris Center used for the LT&MM cartoons
(Dave Mackay already has an entire site devoted to this... and there's a link to it on the GAC Main Page, in the left-hand margin near the bottom.)

Theatrical posters
(I think Jon or another admin has been posting these regularly on GAC's Facebook page.)

Background and BG Pans Art/Screencaps
(That would be interesting to see!)
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sat May 28, 2011 11:35 am

Ok, so Lobby Cards/Theatrical Posters are being done in another site.

Still, I think we should label the LT&MM Ring & Iis Color within the cartoons, just in case as well.

Transcripts may be time-consuming, but at least it'll be interesting. :) It'll be like writing a story.

I knew the background/background pan idea would work. :)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Transcripts may be time-consuming, but at least it'll be interesting. :) It'll be like writing a story.

I'm not sure doing transcripts for cartoons would be a good idea. We might get in trouble with anyone from Warners.

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Sat May 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Why would WB care about transcripts?

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Sat May 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Speedy Boris wrote:Why would WB care about transcripts?

I don't know, but I heard people could get in trouble somehow for completely transcribing a movie.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sun May 29, 2011 12:53 am

Maybe... transcripts aren't the best idea after all. ^^;

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sun May 29, 2011 1:06 am

Why would we want spoil the cartoons for every one that want watch Looney Tunes, I would recomand rather a basic plot.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Mon May 30, 2011 7:38 am

Well, the current format of the threads seems to work well as is: Each initial post contains production info, a synopsis, screen shots and a critique of the cartoon.

As far as having a complete transcript is concerned; I think it would be tedious reading through one of those... personally I'd rather just watch the cartoon itself elsewhere and get the full experience with the visuals, music, dialogue, and SFX.

I think I may have misunderstood that last suggestion... if you're suggesting posting original production artwork (i.e., pre-production, not in the finished film) then fine. But if you're just suggesting doing screen caps of BG pans from the finished cartoon; I don't see the point, but that's just me
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

LooneyTunerIan

Something helpful

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:57 pm

If anyone needs help on what LT&MM Cartoon thread to do next, I got a list that can be helpful: http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/showthread.php?t=16635

Return to “The Merry-Go-Round Breakdown”