"Ali Baba Bound" (1940) Breakdown Thread

An on-going research forum devoted to archiving information about the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies filmography.
zavkram

Postby zavkram » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 am

I remember seeing this cartoon on TV in the earlier colorized version. Those earlier colorizations of Looney Tunes are so bad, they're laughable in and of themselves. Often the characters don't walk or run across the screen, they 'float', due to sloppy tracing of the original film-frames.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Boy Wonder

Postby Boy Wonder » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:25 am

zavkram wrote:I remember seeing this cartoon on TV in the earlier colorized version. Those earlier colorizations of Looney Tunes are so bad, they're laughable in and of themselves. Often the characters don't walk or run across the screen, they 'float', due to sloppy tracing of the original film-frames.

I also love that, in at least the copy I have (from the Toon Factory DVD of Ali Baba Bound, a DVD long out of print), the cartoon is back in black and white (with the redrawn animation!), has the intro title card with the 1954-1964 LT theme, then to add to the horrible-ness, the ending card is a 1943-1944 (or before Leon was gone) Porky drum with the, you guessed it, the 1938-1941 LT theme, and all very much slowed down!
:ysam:Open the bridge varmint, open it I say....

CLOSE IT CLOSE IT, CLOSE IT UP AGAIN....:ysam:

Return to “The Merry-Go-Round Breakdown”