WB Cartoons Without Any (or much) Dialog

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

AndrewGilmore

Postby AndrewGilmore » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Most of the early Boskos have very little dialogue- as I recall, "Have some g-g-g-gum, Mr. Ape?" is the only spoken line in "Congo Jazz", and the only spoken lines in "Hold Anything" are "Hey! Send up that beam!" and "Hello, baby, whadaya say?", and some scat singing.

Matt the Y

Postby Matt the Y » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:The Cagey Canery has no dialogue except for the ending: "Ladies and gentlemen of the audience. Would any of you be interested in a homeless cat and canery?"

The lady of the house also has dialogue at the beginning..... "Mama will throw that old cat out in the RAIN!!!!!"

Also a few more.....

"Cat Feud"

"Double Chaser"

"I Got Plenty of Mutton" (except for Killer Diller's romantic talk and the final exchange between KD and the Wolf, pre-dating "Some Like It Hot")

Isn't "Hiss and Make Up" mostly pantomime as well?

rodinei1964

Re: WB Cartoons Without Any (or much) Dialog

Postby rodinei1964 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:58 am

Speedy Boris wrote:What are some Warner Bros. cartoons where there's little to no dialog? Here are some I can think of:
-Snow Time For Comedy

-Any Road Runner short except Road Runner a Go-Go and Zip Zip Hooray (only vocal is "Beep beep", along with the occasional "YEOW!" from Wile)

-The Sam & Ralph cartoons (only vocals are typically "Morning, Sam./Morning, Ralph.", with a few random bits here and there. Mostly silent like the Road Runner shorts, though)

-Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too!

-Swallow the Leader (outside of the opening narration and a couple sentences from the cat, there's no dialog here)

-No Barking (mostly dog barking/cat screech vocals; only dialog is a brief Tweety bit at the end)

-One Froggy Evening (the songs and the people running into the theater contain the only vocals in the cartoon)

-Feed the Kitty / Kiss Me Cat (only a few random bits of dialog from the husband/wife, and animal noises provided by Blanc)

-High Note

-Now Hear This (only vocal is the man clearing his throat, as well as "QUIET!")

-Joe Glow the Firefly (only vocal is "GOOD NIGHT!" at the end)

Any others?

"Hello, my baby! Hello, my darling!"

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”