Contents (minus 15 shorts) of LTGC 6 Announced!!!

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 pm

So, now this set has three Bugs cartoons, three Elmer cartoons (depending on whether you count Rabbit Rampage as an Elmer Fudd cartoon), and five Sylvester cartoons, right?

Looking at the list, it seems like the two specials are going to be the retitled versions, as opposed to having their original titles. Dang it.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Bugsy-Kun wrote:Sorry if i being a bit late, i just back to my work and i see only Ford, Kausler and Beck going to make commentaries. That's not pretty bad but i gonna miss the Daniel Goldmark and Eric Goldberg comments in this.

I agree-while Ford,Kausler, and Beck are probably the best at commentaries and I'm pleased, Daniel Goldmark and Eric Goldberg were quite good as well. They were equally fun and informative.
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Vdubdavid

Postby Vdubdavid » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:23 pm

So, now that we know the bonus shorts, do you think there's any chance Jerry has one final surprise up his sleeve and is keeping secret a "Sniffles Takes a Trip" or "The Fighting 69th 1/2" that has been restored with full titles?

LTS

Postby LTS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Im abit late, wow what a great way to end the GC and more assurance from Jerry that the LT dvds will continue and no double dipping.

After reading your comments, the number of bonus cartoons that has been mentioned is 15 WB cartoons and 20 cartoons all up but thanks to cartoonfan4ever ' eye over at Big Cartoon Forum, that person has actually found another one, on disc 3 which makes 16 WB (4 a disc) and 21 bonus cartoons all up.

The cartoon is Crying for the Carolines [1930 WB short], which can be found under The World of Leon Schlesinger section on disc 3. :)

So Jerry Beck did end up being right when he said that their would be 76 WB shorts.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 pm

It's good to know that one of the bonus cartoons on disc 3 is a post-Harman and Ising B&W Merrie Melody (uh, I assume that the one from 1934 is, anyway).

Mark J

Postby Mark J » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 pm

speedy fast wrote:It's good to know that one of the bonus cartoons on disc 3 is a post-Harman and Ising B&W Merrie Melody (uh, I assume that the one from 1934 is, anyway).

Actually two of them are - Sittin on a Backyard Fence is late 1933 directed by Earl Duvall (I would rather have had an earlier Foxy or Goopy Geer than this clunker). The 1934 How Do I Know It's Sunday is a good one directed by Friz.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:17 am

Although no "Censored 11" cartoons will be included, there are nevertheless a number of great cartoons that are on this set that I really want to have in my collection; so I will be definitely purchasing a copy.

I, too, am somewhat disappointed that there will be no Private SNAFU cartoons included this time around. I was hoping that every last one would eventually be released on LTGC; especially since the Bosko Video DVD is out-of-print. I was also looking forward to some more Bugs Bunny Show "wrap-arounds", but I guess the bonus cartoons make up for it to some extent.

With the inclusion of A Connecticut Rabbit in King Arthur's Court :bugs2: we will now have all of the Bugs Bunny TV specials that were produced by Chuck Jones Enterprises and Warner Bros.

Someone at Cartoon Brew had suggested that, since Warner Home Entertainment saw fit to include 5 of Friz Freleng's MGM cartoons, perhaps one day soon we could see some of Tex Avery's non-Droopy MGM cartoons appearing on a future WB compilation. Who knows? Maybe they'll throw in some of Jones's 1960's "Tom & Jerry" cartoons as well.

bj_wanlund

Postby bj_wanlund » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:12 am

Let me say this: I am a little bit unhappy with the bonus material. I am NOT as unhappy as Chow Hound, but I am unhappy that one of my favourites missed the cut: Lady, Play Your Mandolin!

I wanted a nice clean copy of that (and I'm not buying a PD DVD just for that one cartoon if it's not restored, end of story). WB needs to really raid the vaults, and not bring out the CRAP bonus features and CRAP cartoons (and yes, I said CRAP). This is an utter disgrace, and the GCs will end with a WHIMPER and not a BANG.

BJ

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:18 am

bj_wanlund wrote:Let me say this: I am a little bit unhappy with the bonus material. I am NOT as unhappy as Chow Hound, but I am unhappy that one of my favourites missed the cut: Lady, Play Your Mandolin!

I wanted a nice clean copy of that (and I'm not buying a PD DVD just for that one cartoon if it's not restored, end of story). WB needs to really raid the vaults, and not bring out the CRAP bonus features and CRAP cartoons (and yes, I said CRAP). This is an utter disgrace, and the GCs will end with a WHIMPER and not a BANG.

BJ

Agree.
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

rrfan3267

Postby rrfan3267 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 am

bj_wanlund wrote:Let me say this: I am a little bit unhappy with the bonus material. I am NOT as unhappy as Chow Hound, but I am unhappy that one of my favourites missed the cut: Lady, Play Your Mandolin!

BJ

Have you ever considered the possiblity that your whining, complaining, and nitpicking could be the reason that the GCs are ending in the first place? You and Chow Hound and some of the others here. It's ridiculous. Besides, when the new DVD come out in the future, they won't be double dipping, so maybe you'll finally get the cartoons you want. Ironically, even if you do, you'll probably be complaining about something else.
:beepbeep: :coyote::daffy: :sylvester :ysam: :ham::bugs2: :speedy: :lepew: :foggy: :marvin: :tweety: :befuddled

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”