Half-OT: Favourite episodes of your favourite series

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

oceansoul

Half-OT: Favourite episodes of your favourite series

Postby oceansoul » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:18 am

This is kind of a thread I wanted to open long time ago. Just put together your favourite series from any age, including live action and animation, and put there your favourite eps. I won't include Looney Tunes, or MGM cartoons, since they have been asked zillion times...

Just my picks from animation:

Courage the Cowardly Dog: Chicken from Outer Space, Dr. Le Quack, Demon in the Mattress, C. in the Big Stinkin' City, Queen of the Black Puddle

Powerpuff Girls: Meet the Beat Alls, Bubblevicious, The Mane Event, Jewel of the Aisle, Super Zeroes (I know it's a bad show, but I happened to like it some years ago...)

DuckTales: Treasure of the Golden Suns (esp. part 5), Send in the Clones, Duck to the Future, Time Teasers (I forgot some ep. titles...)

Rescue Rangers: Good Times Bat Times, Adventures in Squirrelsitting, Seer No Evil, A Fly in the Ointment

South Park: Cartman Gets an Anal Probe; Bigger, Longer, Uncut; Trapped in the Closet (again, many titles escaped my memory, some more could be added)

Tom and Jerry: Heavenly Puss, Mouse Trouble, Part-time Pal, Night Before Christmas, Little School Mouse

Live action shows will come later.
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:54 am

Ed,Edd 'n Eddy-One plus one equals Ed-hillarious-I love watching Ed continuously opening the fridge to see if the little light stays on when you close the door.

Powerpuff Girls-Knock it Off-one of the darkest episodes-plus a great excuse to say the word "Dick" throughout the episode-the villain's name is Dick Hardly. I also love "Aspirations", "Powerpuff Girls Rules" "Somethings a Miss" "Mommy Fearest", "Buttercrush","Powerlunch", "Meet the Beat Alls" and many more...(I loved this series)

Courage the Cowardly Dog-"The Hunchback of Nowhere" "The Magic Tree of Nowhere" " Queen of the Black Puddle" "Squating Tiger,Hidden Dog"(absolute favorite) "So In Louvre Are We Two" "Ride of the Valkyries" "Uncommon Cold" "Profiles in Courage"
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

Marty26

Postby Marty26 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 am

South Park - Timmy 2000

Seinfeld - The Bizarro Jerry

Friends - The One With The Embryos

The Simpsons - Lisa On Ice
"One more 'fore' outta you, and I'll give ya what for!"

Matt the Y

Postby Matt the Y » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 am

The Simpsons - Separate Vocations

Night Court - Hello, Goodbye

ALF - La Cuckaracha

All in the Family - Everybody Tells the Truth

Rocko's Modern Life - Wacky Delly, Jet Scream (2)

Darkwing Duck - Aduckyphobia

Ren & Stimpy - Untamed World

Freakazoid! - Candle Jack, Doomsday Bet (2)

The Critic - Marty's First Date

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:51 am

I don't watching a lot TV shows but here's that i can find it's my real favs:

Ren & Stimpy: Space Madness, The Boy Who Cried Cat, The Old West, In the Army, An Abe Divided, Stimpy's Cartoon Show, My Shiney Friend

The Simpsons: Itchy and Scratchy and Marge

South Park: Death

Douglas E.

Classic Animated Shorts Aren't the Only Awesome Cartoons: Part 1

Postby Douglas E. » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am

I'll need to do multiple posts, because I have too many favorite series.

Rocko's Modern Life: Sucker For the Suck-O-Matic, Wacky Deli, Canned

Chowder: Panini For President, The Hot Date, The Cinnamini Monster

Ren & Stimpy: Space Madness, The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen, Stimpy's Fan Club (Honorable mention goes to Stimpy's Invention.)

Dexter's Laboratory: Mock 5, Beard To Be Feared, Star Check Uncoventional

The Mighty B: Artificial Unintelligence, Super Secret Weakness, Night Howl, Ben Appetit

Ed, Edd, and Eddy: Eds or Tails, A Fistful of Ed, Don't Rain On My Ed, This Won't Hurt An Ed

Avatar the Last Airbender: The Storm, The Blue Spirit, Zuko Alone, The Chase (Not to be confused with my good friend on this fourm.) The Drill, The Beach, The Runaway, The Boiling Rock Parts 1 & 2.

The episodes in bold are my "absolute" favorites. I'll do part 2 later today.

-Doug
Daffyfan2004 wrote:This [Rebel Rabbit] should be more of the plot for a Daffy Duck cartoon. But I guess calling a cartoon 'Rebel Duck' wouldn't have the same ring to it.

J. J. Hunsecker wrote:How 'bout Dissenter Duck? Malcontent Mallard? Anarchist Anatidae? Troublemaker Teal? Contumacious Canvasback? Ring-necked Ringleader?

cbrubaker

Postby cbrubaker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 am

The Simpsons - Homer's Enemy
I know people have mixed feelings about this. Some felt that it was mean-spirited, while others thought it was hilarious. I fall into the latter category. Essentially this episode explains what it would be like if a normal person had to deal with Homer's antics.

Also enjoy "Cape Feare". Unusually slapstick for a Simpsons episode, with alot of funny scenes with Sideshow Bob.

Chowder - Panini for President
Thought it had nice character development with the three kids in the show (the namesake character, Panini and Gorgonzola). Panini's crush on Chowder goes to the point that she wants to own him as a property. And it establishes the relationship with the three. I'm hoping for more episodes with them.

Also like "The Hot Date". Chowder's barely in it, with the real star being Sgt. Hoagie. In it, he has to deal with Mung Daal and co. over a crime they may have committed at Miss Endive's pool. But at the same time he also has to get ready for a date. Cartoon Network, unfortunately, screwed up because they ended the episode prematurely (after Hoagie left with Endive, we find out that his date WAS waiting for him...in another restaurant next door). Thank god for iTunes.

My other faves include "Bruised Bluenana", "Sleep Eating", and "Brain Grub". But when it comes to this show, though, even the weak episodes have at least one LOL moment, so it's really hard to pick any favorites. But the ones I mentioned stick to my mind.

Rocko's Modern Life - Wacky Delly
I already went over this at another thread, so I won't go into too much detail.

Like "Chowder", Rocko has very little weak spots, so naming a favorite episode is really hard. That said, "I See London I See France" stick to my mind, because while the plot was average, the insane tour guide chasing Heffer through Paris was really, really hilarious.

Dexter's Laboratory - Dexter and Computress Get Mandark
This is a cult favorite. A 6 year old Dexter fan sends a tape to the producers with his story. The producers apparently liked it, so they animated over it (in a crude crayon style drawing).

"And Dexter said...uh..."

Ren and Stimpy - Stimpy's Invention
"Happy Happy Joy Joy" OWNS this episode.

I'll confess that "An Abe Divided" has a soft spot for me as well. Yeah, it's a Games episode, but it was also the first episode of R&S that I've ever watched. And I loved it then, and still do now.

Futurama - When Aliens Attack
Fry and gang performing "Single Female Lawyer" for the aliens made me laugh. "Cough, then fall over dead"
My Blog - Has some stuff
Terrytoons 1957-71 filmography - new credits (updated 12-8-2010)

Matt the Y

Postby Matt the Y » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 am

cbrubaker wrote:

Like "Chowder", Rocko has very little weak spots, so naming a favorite episode is really hard. That said, "I See London I See France" stick to my mind, because while the plot was average, the insane tour guide chasing Heffer through Paris was really, really hilarious.

Agree with you here 100%. Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!!!!!

"Urrggghhh, urrggghhh, URRGGGHHHHH! ..... [calmly] The Louvre ..... Urrggghhhh, urgggghhhh, URRGGGGHH!....."

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Animaniacs:Chalkboard Bungle-A no-nonsense teacher attempts to educate the Animaniacs-
Baloney and kids-Hillarious Barney Spoof
Clown and Out-Wakko beats up his birthday clown because he's afraid of clowns!
Super Strong Warner Siblings-spot on spoof of Power Rangers.

US.Acres-The Incredibly Stupid Swamp Monster,Kiddie Korner,The Name Game, Snow Wade and the 77 Dwarves, Storytime Blues,Who Done it?,The Monster Who Couldn't Scare Anybody,Hare Force, Dr.Jekyll,Mr.Wade,The Ugly Duckling

Phineas and Ferb-"Hail Doofmania", "The Monster of Phineas 'N Ferb"
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

oceansoul

Postby oceansoul » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Married with children was and is possibly my favourite sitcom and possibly my favourite TV show ever. Altough I'm not particularly good at episode names here, I had some big favourites:

Generally I loved all christmas-themed episodes.
Egg an I: the first ep. when Steve returned
When the No Ma'am met Jerry Springer
The Jim Jupiter episode
The horror vacation two parter
Chicago Shoe Exchange - the last episode
The England trilogy
The Librarian book episode
and many more. :)
One for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready, and
Four to.... GERONIMO!