Prest-O Change-O...with commentary from Bugs Bunny.

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Prinzenick

Prest-O Change-O...with commentary from Bugs Bunny.

Postby Prinzenick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x702ff_presto-change-o-commentary-by-bugs_shortfilms

I kinda like this. Granted, whoever did the voice needs serious work on his Bugs impersonation, but i like his insight into the cartoon, disguised as Bugs remembering his early baby steps as an actor.

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 pm

You do realize "whoever" is a member on this forum. :p

But, yeah, I think Matt does a great job with these.
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 pm

It is very cool actually. Personally,I think that whoever did it's Bugs impression is pretty good actually. Great commentary.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:59 pm

That commentary was by our own Matt Hunter, it was posted awhile ago on the Misce-Looney-ous blog.

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

This is an innovative idea. I don't know if it will get him any calls from George Lucas or Steven Speilberg, but I could see this turning into a youtube sensation.

I don't like that this rabbit is considered Bugs Bunny though. Bugs lost a few battles in his career, but never by flat out getting decked in the eye!

MadAboutMGM

Postby MadAboutMGM » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 pm

I thought it was a better impersonation than the majority of us. He was obviously very invested, discussing various anecdotes from this rather flamboyant but empathetic bunny. If anything is going to have the mainstream re-invest into Looney Tunes this commendable and affable fanfare should be it.

Because before Jessica Bortuski's new show airs their still in great obscurity compared to how I remember them in the 1990's. This is when most of my friends and affiliates frequently watched this show, now most people either know it vaguely or are alluded of it. Amazing how a shift knowledgeability and public awareness can take place within the duration of a decade. :eek:

MadAboutMGM

Postby MadAboutMGM » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:20 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:This is an innovative idea. but I could see this turning into a youtube sensation.

It's obviously a new way to show your affinity and admiration for Looney Tunes. Though will it get any hits. Looney Tunes has died down within the past decade which is a tragedy. Back in the 1990's there were so many people nostalgically invested into it. Youtube users may be open to a variation on a Disney or Anime video becoming a youtube sensation. Though most quirky brash youths will not care or want to know about this.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

BloodyChamp wrote:I don't like that this rabbit is considered Bugs Bunny though. Bugs lost a few battles in his career, but never by flat out getting decked in the eye!

Bugs got his ass handed to him at the end of "Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare".
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

You guys aren't giving ole Bugs enough credit. It only takes a tiny spark to make a youtube sensation. Think about it. The Iron Sheik? The infamous Clemson Tiger fan? Botchamania?

Somebody is going to reply that they don't recognize those phrases. Well...then it's not the masses who remain in obscurity!

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”