Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Filmography - Available on DVD

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

User avatar
bj_wanlund
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:08 pm
Location: Cullowhee, North Carolina

Postby bj_wanlund » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

One cartoon that I notice is missing is "Bugs Bunny Rides Again", but that cartoon has had its fair share of history.

BJ

User avatar
nickramer
Junior Member
Posts: 3912
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: columbus

Postby nickramer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

What Looney Tunes are included on the new "Hepburn and Tracy" set?

User avatar
Jon Cooke
Junior Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:00 am

Postby Jon Cooke » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 pm

nickramer wrote:What Looney Tunes are included on the new "Hepburn and Tracy" set?


None. Bonus cartoons are all MGM according to the reviews I've seen: "Blitz Wolf", "Swing Shift Cinderella", and "Cat Concerto".

bj_wanlund wrote:One cartoon that I notice is missing is "Bugs Bunny Rides Again", but that cartoon has had its fair share of history.


Missing from what? It's always been listed here. :befuddled

User avatar
zavkram
Posts: 1472
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 am
Location: South Korea

Postby zavkram » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 am

Why aren't any of the Private SNAFU's that are on some of the Golden Collections listed here? I understand the reasoning behind listing the best-looking DVD versions first and foremost; but I think all available sources (barring the cheap PD compilations) should be listed.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

User avatar
Jon Cooke
Junior Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:00 am

Postby Jon Cooke » Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm

zavkram wrote:Why aren't any of the Private SNAFU's that are on some of the Golden Collections listed here? I understand the reasoning behind listing the best-looking DVD versions first and foremost; but I think all available sources (barring the cheap PD compilations) should be listed.


I simply haven't got around to updating that section yet (along with the rest of the misc. and post-1964 cartoons). :bugs2:

I really should do that.

User avatar
LooneyTunerIan
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 am

You might want to add this tag (widescreen format only) to the following LT&MM Cartoons that were released in the first 2 LTSS DVDs:

Hare Extraordinaire:

Lumber-Jack Rabbit
Bedevilled Rabbit
Apes of Wrath
From Hare to Heir
Lighter than Hare
The Million Hare
Mad As a Mars Hare
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
False Hare

Frustrated Fowl:

Design for Leaving
Stork Naked
This is a Life?
Dime to Retire
Ducking the Devil
People Are Bunny
Person to Bunny
Daffy's Inn Trouble
The Iceman Ducketh
Suppressed Duck

Those are the cartoons NOT presented in full screen.

User avatar
Prinzenick
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Amherst, Ohio

Postby Prinzenick » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey Jon Cooke, how come the original 1929 Bosko pilot isn't mentioned in the first post? That's ancient history you're ignoring there, and it's included on the first Golden Collection!
"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
--Walt Disney :rabbit:

User avatar
Jon Cooke
Junior Member
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:00 am

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:13 am

Prinzenick wrote:Hey Jon Cooke, how come the original 1929 Bosko pilot isn't mentioned in the first post? That's ancient history you're ignoring there, and it's included on the first Golden Collection!


It's not being ignored. It is listed with the "miscellaneous shorts" section of post #6.

User avatar
Blob55
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:30 am

Postby Blob55 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Ain't We Got Fun (1937) is on The Life of Emile Zola DVD.

User avatar
thebiach
Junior Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA

thank you!!!

Postby thebiach » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:22 am

that's what we need...everyone to keep their eyes peeled for ones we missed!!!

Blob55 wrote:Ain't We Got Fun (1937) is on The Life of Emile Zola DVD.


Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests