Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Filmography - Available on DVD

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Toonatic wrote:The upcoming Essential Daffy Duck is including Porky's Duck Hunt and Duck Dodgers in Attack of The Drones. Better add those to the list! ;)

My guess is "Porky's Duck Hunt" will not be in the finalised DVD. Remember "The Mansion Cat" who was missing in the final Deluxe T&J DVD?

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:45 am

Jon Cooke wrote:I am going to wait for the 100% finalized listing before I add any information about the Essential Daffy DVD. :daffy:

Let's hope it changes.

Jon Cooke

Update

Postby Jon Cooke » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks to the "Strife With Father" thread on the Merry-Go-Round Breakdown board, I discovered a DVD set that slipped under our radar: The Burt Lancaster Signature Collection, which included the following bonus cartoons:

Strife With Father
    The Flame And The Arrow DVD (Burt Lancaster Signature Collection)

Much Ado About Nutting
    South Sea Woman DVD (Burt Lancaster Signature Collection)

I Gopher You
    His Majesty O'Keefe DVD (Burt Lancaster Signature Collection)

Hare We Go
    Jim Thorpe - All American DVD (Burt Lancaster Signature Collection)

thebiach

jackpot!!!

Postby thebiach » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:55 pm

very nice!!

segaltoons

PD disks

Postby segaltoons » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:41 am

Thanks for posting these. And thanks to Nicolas Orizaga. It's a huge job, and a big help to us fans & collectors.

I have found some cartoons
on Public Domain DVDs that are not listed as on DVD:

Prest-o Change-o is on Cartoon Crazys: Sci-Fi and also one called Christmas Cartoon Collection.

Notes to You was on Cartoon Craze - Porky Pig

[size=100]
A Day At The Zoo was on a one dollar DVD titled simply Betty Boop and also on a
[/SIZE]
[size=100]one dollar DVD[/SIZE][size=100] Kids Klassic Kartoons.

The quality was usually so-so, and I have no idea if they are still available.

[/SIZE]

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Jon, are you going to add the "- and Friend's" DVD's I posted info for? I know they're UK/EU only, but a lot of the DVD's listed are US only.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 pm

We generally avoid listing the dollar-store variety public domain DVD titles, since they are so numerous and the quality varies so much. We made exceptions for the Thunderbean releases and the two volumes of Uncensored Bosko from Image Entertainment.

As for adding other region releases to the main listing... I am not sure yet. It's tough enough keeping track of the R1 releases. :p Feel free to keep posting the contents in this thread, though.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:48 am

Since we now have the official, finalized press release for Looney Tunes Platinum Collection, I have added those contents to the listing. Still awaiting the final listing for The Essential Daffy Duck, which is why that one isn't listed yet.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:We generally avoid listing the dollar-store variety public domain DVD titles, since they are so numerous and the quality varies so much. We made exceptions for the Thunderbean releases and the two volumes of Uncensored Bosko from Image Entertainment.

As for adding other region releases to the main listing... I am not sure yet. It's tough enough keeping track of the R1 releases. :p Feel free to keep posting the contents in this thread, though.

I agree public domains DVDs should be avoided on the main list with the expecations you mentioned but if Warner Archive release happens of the Bosko cartoons I would remove the Image entertainent DVDs as you said you would do in the second post.

As for other regions release, I don't think that serves any purpose at all to include it at lest not when it comes to LTGC as they are same thing as in Europe minus handfuls of cartoons, and I do prefer the American releases myself even if I live in PAL country (Iceland), the first two volumes of LTGC were also divided into single DVDs releases. Using the same subtitles for individual DVDs as on LTGC.

But for the super Star series DVDs that are all double dips I don't think that serves much purpose eather for inclusion unless the idea is to complete the super Star series. Inlcuding that DVD that was only released in Europe. I don't know anything about about other none-American releases apart from LTGC and LTSS , I think they are mostly france or Japanes and didn't even make it to Iceland.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Since we now have a final listing, I have added the contents of The Essential Daffy Duck. I will add Looney Tunes Super Stars - Pepe Le Pew: Zee Best of Zee Best when those contents are official/final.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”