Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Filmography - Available on DVD

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 am

Blob55 wrote:I already know, and I can get them in my supermarket, so I can list the contents there.

I would assume those of us who don't live in the UK don't know.

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

quack-up wrote:I would assume those of us who don't live in the UK don't know.

I just posted the list of contents on the DVDs.

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 am

Blob55 wrote:Taz:
The dog The turtle Story
Like father, like son
Frights of Passage
war and pieces
Aribourne Airhead
It's no Picnic
Kee-Wee Ala King
Looks like Taz-Mania episodes.

David Gerstein

Postby David Gerstein » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

Wow, strange packaging—close-ups on the front are eye-catching (and appear to come from the LOONEY TUNES BACK IN ACTION model sheets), but don't really work at this huge size.

The RR disc is actually the Region 1 "Supergenius Hijinks" (god, my brain hurts...) minus the new 3D CGI cartoons.
Ramapith: David Gerstein's Prehistoric Pop Culture Blog
Virtual Inkwell | The Classic Felix the Cat Page | Cartoon Pop Music
Van Beuren's Tom and Jerry | The Winkler Oswalds

"Politics is not left, right or center... it's about improving people's lives." —Paul Wellstone

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 pm

David Gerstein wrote:The RR disc is actually the Region 1 "Supergenius Hijinks" (god, my brain hurts...) minus the new 3D CGI cartoons.

Tell me about it. :s I can't decide if I should get that or the SS release. Is it really worth waiting for 3 CGI shorts that are already available on DVD? I mean, it comes out in OCTOBER.

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Toonatic wrote:Should Jungle Jitters and Robinson Crusoe Jr. be mentioned since they were on Thunderbean's Cannibal disc or it doesn't count? :confused:

Just added the three WB titles (Bosko Shipwrecked, Jungle Jitters, Robinson Crusoe) from Thunderbean's Uncensored Animation, Vol. 2: Cannibals! to the listing.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Blob55 wrote:Tell me about it. :s I can't decide if I should get that or the SS release. Is it really worth waiting for 3 CGI shorts that are already available on DVD?

Well, you'll also be getting the Whizzard Of Ow in widescreen (it was made in that format) and Chariots Of Fur (Chuck Jones' final RR short and may possibly be the first time we'll see a restored/remastered Silver Age short).

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Just updated and reformatted the Wartime/Misc. Warner cartoon section. Added the much requested Golden Collection info for the Snafus. Let me know if I missed any.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

The upcoming Essential Daffy Duck is including Porky's Duck Hunt and Duck Dodgers in Attack of The Drones. Better add those to the list! ;)

Jon Cooke

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Toonatic wrote:The upcoming Essential Daffy Duck is including Porky's Duck Hunt and Duck Dodgers in Attack of The Drones. Better add those to the list! ;)

I am going to wait for the 100% finalized listing before I add any information about the Essential Daffy DVD. :daffy:

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”