Youtube Thread, Part 13

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nEJn1dxNE
My favorite Chip an Dale cartoon. I know these guys are reviled around here, but I think a few of them are bonafide classics, like this one.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Yeah, that's a fake. I like the real "Donald's Applecore" better.

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:37 pm

kaseykockroach wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-nEJn1dxNE
My favorite Chip an Dale cartoon. I know these guys are reviled around here, but I think a few of them are bonafide classics, like this one.

Mine too. ;)
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:14 pm

nickramer wrote:Yeah, that's a fake.

Thank you, Nic. We can always count on you. :)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:22 am

kaseykockroach wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2keHZKGAvc
Great print of the Donald & Goofy cartoon "No Sail", featuring a lot of funny Hugh Fraser animation ("it's mine!").

Really nice opening shot on that one... it looks like they used the multiplane camera.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:25 am

nickramer wrote:Yeah, that's a fake. I like the real "Donald's Applecore" better.

But you gotta love the sight of those two little, charred chipmunk carcasses! :D
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 pm

zavkram wrote:But you gotta love the sight of those two little, charred chipmunk carcasses! :D

I rather have a Davey Crocket coon skin hat.

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

nickramer wrote:I rather have a Davey Crocket coon skin hat.

There's a Davy Crocket pacifier with your name on it.
Cartoons never were just for children. And neither is it a genre. It is an artistic medium where the use of caricatures are used to entertain or educate, with animation bringing said caricatures to life.

With such contemporary cartoons as The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and the Adult Swim line-up, it's hard to dismiss the animated cartoon as only kids' fare. Cartoons can be for anyone. It's pure common sense.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Mr. Semaj wrote:There's a Davy Crocket pacifier with your name on it.

Wise guy. Might as well mention that I think Donald was a better foil for the chipmunks than Mickey which they tried once on "Mouse Works/ House of Mouse" but quickly dropped the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sXZJRYyCbk

Mr. Semaj

Postby Mr. Semaj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:21 pm

nickramer wrote:Wise guy. Might as well mention that I think Donald was a better foil for the chipmunks than Mickey which they tried once on "Mouse Works/ House of Mouse" but quickly dropped the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sXZJRYyCbk

Might as well mention that I think this was a better foil for the chipmunks than Mickey or Donald.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”