Old 35mm Nitrate Terrytoon on Ebay!

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Bannedcartoonfan

Old 35mm Nitrate Terrytoon on Ebay!

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:16 am

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=120747730985

Amazing how just a simple Internet search can help us discover such awesome things so quickly. I have, in fact, been thinking about buying this(as well as possibly the other one this seller has put up) to help preserve these excellent and rare films. HOWEVER, I heard that nitrate film is dangerous so I did another Internet search. I saw most of what I had excepected. "The film will wear out easily,it is higly flammable,etc." and I was thinking, "Oh this isn't TOO bad it could definitely be worse." Then the next thing I read made my jaw drop. "If stored in certain temperatures it can give off poisonous gas and eventually explode." This is basically what I was afriad I would see. Now I'm wondering, what should I do? Should I try to buy the films? If so I would IMMEDIATELY send them off to be transfered(I, however, don't know of a reputable place to send it to) then donate it to a film archive or something like that. No one has bid on it so far and I want this to be preserved by someone so badly. Black and white Terrytoons are VERY hard to find with their original titles and these would make an EXCELLENT addition to my collection(and possibly other GACers.....;) ) So what do you guys
think? Should I buy it?

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”