LT Super Stars Road Runner DVD available NOW at Walmart

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Jon Cooke

LT Super Stars Road Runner DVD available NOW at Walmart

Postby Jon Cooke » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

If you can't wait until October, I was at Walmart today and surprised to spot the LT Super Stars Road Runner & Coyote DVD. Price was $15.00.

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Aw man! I pre-ordered the DVD on Amazon! I'll have to see I f I can get my copy tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

UPDATE: Called Wal-Mart, they don't have it. I guess I will have to wait til October.

Philo & Gunge

Postby Philo & Gunge » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to check next time I'm at Wal-Mart if I'm there before October.

Any early thoughts you can give us on this disc, Jon? :beepbeep:
The Trash Heap has spoken NYAHHH!!!
www.akiyoshishimizu.com

TTTP Member from March 2004-November 2011, proud from beginning to end.

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 pm

I'll have to stop by my local Wal-Mart soon and see if they have any copies! (I'm just a huge Wile E. Coyote fan, and I just want to own restored copies of "Sugar and Spies" and "The Solid Tin Coyote," as well as being able to see the last couple of complete 2010 CGI shorts.)

Ratso

Postby Ratso » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:47 pm

October? My Amazon order says it won't ship until December 27.

If anyone sees the DVD at Best Buy, please post a reply. (We don't have a Walmart in San Fran--if we did, I'd boycott the evil corp.)
Ratso~~

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 am

Ratso wrote:If anyone sees the DVD at Best Buy, please post a reply.

You'll have to wait til October, my friend.

Incidentally, someone should tell Amazon that the RR REAL release date is 10/4. Don't know why they didn't update it yet. Anyway, I'm going to try to call the Wal-Marts near me to see which one has it. I just have to see if my mom and/or dad are up for a drive.

Shemp

Postby Shemp » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:05 am

Ratso wrote:October? My Amazon order says it won't ship until December 27.

Amazon's December date is a "placeholder," put there when the DVD was postponed earlier this year. When Road Runner was rescheduled for an October 4 release, Amazon never updated/corrected its listing.

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

Yeah, this was already released in the UK without the CG shorts.

speedy fast

Postby speedy fast » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 am

I found copies at my local Wal-Mart, too. I haven't watched mine yet, but I noticed that the packaging says that 12 of them are new-to-DVD. I assume it's referring to the three CGI shorts, but Little Go Beep and Wizzard of Ow have also been released.

I had no idea this has basically already been available on DVD outside of america, but should have known. It seems the UK and Japan get cartoons that fans and historians seem to dislike (the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry were on laserdisc and DVD long before the american release of the Chuck Jones Collection, I think the Gene Dietch shorts were released in the UK as well, and many post-1964 Looney Tunes were on the "Bugs and Friends" laserdiscs released in Japan, while in America very few post-1964 shorts had been released on VHS and DVD). Why are other countries so lucky (or should I put "lucky" in quotes)?

I wonder if Jon Cooke's video guide lists the contents of the UK version of this release (did it include the stuff that was originally announced but replaced?).

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 pm

speedy fast wrote:I had no idea this has basically already been available on DVD outside of america, but should have known. It seems the UK and Japan get cartoons that fans and historians seem to dislike (the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry were on laserdisc and DVD long before the american release of the Chuck Jones Collection, I think the Gene Dietch shorts were released in the UK as well, and many post-1964 Looney Tunes were on the "Bugs and Friends" laserdiscs released in Japan, while in America very few post-1964 shorts had been released on VHS and DVD). Why are other countries so lucky (or should I put "lucky" in quotes)?

Because usually the only LT cartoons they'd show here were the awful late 50's to 60's ones. Basically, think of the SS discs, and that's what you'd get here. (except in their proper format).
Though, what's strange, is that they still don't show the 7 Arts opening/closings and only show the title card onwards.

And no, Jon doesn't list DVD releases outside of america.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”