LT Super Stars Road Runner DVD available NOW at Walmart

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I checked the Wal-Mart Super Center near where my grandmother lives in Rhode Island, and they didn't have the Road Runner DVD, but they DID have the Foghorn Leghorn DVD, so of course I bought it. (It was in "New Releases," and they also had the Sylvester and Tweety DVD, but it WASN'T in the "New Releases" category. Hmm, could it be that Wal-Mart was aware that DVD had no new cartoons?)
I should be checking my local Wal-Mart soon to see if THEY have the Road Runner DVD, but the problem is, my father isn't very big on the idea of me buying Looney Tunes DVDs. I can't use Amazon.com (no credit/debt card, so I always have to ask my father to buy stuff off Amazon for me), and the Looney Tunes Super Star DVDs are VERY hard to find outside of the Internet. :(
I guess he doesn't want me to buy any more Looney Tunes on DVD, including ones I do not have?

Steve Siegert

Postby Steve Siegert » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 pm

I bought the Road Runner DVD yesterday at my local Wal-Mart. I thought the CGI shorts were the highlight of the disc, which doesn't say much. If only those shorts were the classic length of 7 minutes would they have been better. As for the rest of the DVD, I certainly won't be watching all those shorts in one sitting ever again.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but as I got to the Larriva shorts, when one short ends and the next short begins I have noticed that the volume had gone mute on my Blu-Ray player as the next short begins. It was a simple fix as all I needed to do to get the sound back was to stop the disc and then press play, but it did get annoying after a while. I just hope I don't have this issue with future DVD's that I purchase (or for that matter, the Platinum Collection when I purchase it).

I also had some minor issue navigating between the Widescreen and Full Screen options, since I wanted to watch all the shorts in their original aspect ratios. I initially missed switching over to widescreen on the main menu option and the first CGI short began playing in Pan & Scan. As I restarted it, I got the CGI shorts and modern-era shorts all in widescreen, and then once it got to the 1960's shorts, they were all in Pan & Scan. I restarted it, and I could not figure out a way to get the CGI shorts or modern era shorts to play in Pan & Scan. Then again, can anyone tell me what aspect ratio is the correct one for "Chariots of Fur" and "Little Go Beep"? I'd imagine they were originally shown in widescreen, but were they originally filmed in widescreen?

Also, has anyone else noticed that Amazon still has Dec. 26 listed as the release date for this DVD?
[color=black]
"If I had some bread, I'd make a sandwich...if I had a witch" - Popeye (Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves)
[/color]

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Steve Siegert wrote:Then again, can anyone tell me what aspect ratio is the correct one for "Chariots of Fur" and "Little Go Beep"? I'd imagine they were originally shown in widescreen, but were they originally filmed in widescreen?

Those we're made in full screen.

Steve Siegert wrote:Also, has anyone else noticed that Amazon still has Dec. 26 listed as the release date for this DVD?

Yes. It's something Amazon never corrected yet.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:05 am

Can someone upload DVD Menu screenshots of the Road Runner DVD?

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am

How come the Walmart's webiste still has the disc listed as a pre-order with a release date of 10/04/11?

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 am

I was there today and it was there. I have a feeling that it's a Wal-Mart exclusive type disc, because the menus are very non-specific (no mention of the DVD's title, random characters, etcetera). FYI, the contents are:

Coyote Falls
Fur of Flying
Rabid Rider
Whizzard of Ow
Chariots of Fur
Little Go Beep
Sugar and Spies
Clippety Clobbered
The Solid Tin Coyote
Out and Out Rout
Shot and Bothered
Chaser on the Rocks
Highway Runnery
Boulder Wham!
Hairied & Hurried

I also saw The Looney Tunes Show DVD there for $10. For an extra $5, it's part of a "Fun" 3-Pack Wal-Mart exclusive with The Looney, Looney, Looney Bugs Bunny Movie and Tweety's High-Flying Adventure. Sounds about as fun as an enema.

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:02 am

Thad wrote:I also saw The Looney Tunes Show DVD there for $10. For an extra $5, it's part of a "Fun" 3-Pack Wal-Mart exclusive with The Looney, Looney, Looney Bugs Bunny Movie and Tweety's High-Flying Adventure. Sounds about as fun as an enema.
You don't like LLLBBM, Thad?

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 am

Menu pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:11 am

i want my money back.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:37 am

Disappointing DVD, what this from another region?

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”