LT Super Stars Road Runner DVD available NOW at Walmart

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Greg Method

Postby Greg Method » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:57 am

Good god, those menus are hideous. They look like something someone would whip up on their PC for their DVD-R collection.

Because after all, this was such a rush-release for the studio, right? Maybe this had started life as something for the Warner Archive at this rate.
SIGN THE MAKE THE ROCK HALL "WEIRD" PETITION TO GET WEIRD AL INDUCTED

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide - www.dohtem.com/bugs
All Things Yankovic - www.allthingsyank.com
Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - www.allthingsyank.com/rockhall

www.dohtem.com

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 am

Speedy Boris wrote:You don't like LLLBBM, Thad?

Why would _anyone_ like it?

I'll have a review of this thing up by this evening or tomorrow... I'm expecting a comp copy so I'll just take that in and get my money back.

Bugsy-Kun

Postby Bugsy-Kun » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 am

Greg Method wrote:Good god, those menus are hideous. They look like something someone would whip up on their PC for their DVD-R collection.

Exactly what i thinkin. Who ever thinkin to do this menu cheaper? I pass this DVD.

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am

Thad wrote:Why would _anyone_ like it?

I'll have a review of this thing up by this evening or tomorrow... I'm expecting a comp copy so I'll just take that in and get my money back.

You mean another one of your rants in disguise. Although, I agree the release looks messed up.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Fiting giving the content of the DVD. The menu look to me rather gay (no offence on anyone that might be gay in RL on this forum), and by the impression of these menu it starst Daffy, Tweety and Wile E. Coyote , no Road Runner. (at lest looking at the last three form Thad is screen shot)
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Speedy Boris

Postby Speedy Boris » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Thad wrote:Why would _anyone_ like it?
Silly me. I forgot that everyone has the exact same opinions as you. Anyway, I like it because the shorts that make it up are entertaining. Now true, I'd rather watch the shorts individually than put together in a story, but not all of the shorts in that film are on DVD yet (so the DVD release currently has some merit), and it's interesting to see how they strung the shorts together.

Anyway, on the topic of Road Runner, I'm surprised you bothered with this DVD at all, given that you ranted about it months ago.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Speedy Boris wrote:Silly me. I forgot that everyone has the exact same opinions as you. Anyway, I like it because the shorts that make it up are entertaining. Now true, I'd rather watch the shorts individually than put together in a story, but not all of the shorts in that film are on DVD yet (so the DVD release currently has some merit), and it's interesting to see how they strung the shorts together.

I can relate to this but I don't like compilation films/show. For that reaon im not to keen on DVD/Blu-Ray release of Bugs Bunny Show, or any of these compilation features but I do like the bridge materal so maybe they should release the bridge material only. But myself like shorts in there standalone format.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

nickramer

Postby nickramer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 pm

WoodpeckerWoody wrote:I can relate to this but I don't like compilation films/show. For that reaon im not to keen on DVD/Blu-Ray release of Bugs Bunny Show, or any of these compilation features but I do like the bridge materal so maybe they should release the bridge material only. But myself like shorts in there standalone format.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be any fun if they had a DVD of just the bridging material of "The Bugs Bunny Show". Besides, the episode "Satan's Waitin" uses the old shorts as part of the storyline and is probably better than the condensed remakes.

HeadIntoSound

Postby HeadIntoSound » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Jesus, those menus are bland. I was on the fence about buying the DVD to begin with, and now I know for sure that I'll pass on it.

I saw a big Looney Tunes selection at my Walmart. Two shelves worth of stuff, although a lot of it is mostly merchandise for TLTS, including Mr. Potato Heads of Bugs, Daffy and Taz. There were DVDs of the originals to be found though, but just Spotlights and the recent single discs.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”