HB Voice Actors In Live Action Roles

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Cartoonfanatic201

HB Voice Actors In Live Action Roles

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Alot of Famous HB Voice Actors (Alan Reed, George O'Hanlon, etc.) Had Live Action roles in Various Other TV shows. in this thread you would post a video of a Famous HB voice Actor in a live action show, I'll start

Here's a clip Of Top Cat voice Actor Arnold Stang in a game Show called "I've Got A Secret"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDrdEFpS8k

wiley207

Postby wiley207 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Don Messick also starred in the live-action sitcom "The Duck Factory" as a voice actor at an animation studio

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:25 pm

wiley207 wrote:Don Messick also starred in the live-action sitcom "The Duck Factory" as a voice actor at an animation studio

Is there a clip of it Online? I would like to see it.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 am

George O'Hanlon plays a news reporter in the movie "Rocky"

Janet Waldo guest starred in the I Love Lucy episode "The Young Fans", and also had a small part in the Andy Griffith episode "A Wife For Andy". Also had a reoccurring role as the ditzy secretary on Valentine's Day.

There's also a number of films throughout the 30s and 40s where she had these walk-on bit parts with no dialogue. Trying to spot her though is like trying to spot Dick Miller in an old B-movie. You're literally playing "Where's Waldo?". :p
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 am

Alan Reed had a supporting role in the film adaptation of Truman Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" He played a convicted felon who was either an uncle or father to Holly Golightly.

John Stephenson played a number of Luftwaffe officers on "Hogan's Heroes".

I'd post clip links to YouTube, but I'm too tired right now...
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Fibber Fox

Postby Fibber Fox » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:10 am

Cartoonfanatic201 wrote:Is there a clip of it Online?

They have something called a "search engine" now.

F. Fox
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com
http://tralfaz.blogspot.com

raginggoodfella

Postby raginggoodfella » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:18 am

Brandon Panther wrote:George O'Hanlon plays a news reporter in the movie "Rocky"

Janet Waldo guest starred in the I Love Lucy episode "The Young Fans", and also had a small part in the Andy Griffith episode "A Wife For Andy". Also had a reoccurring role as the ditzy secretary on Valentine's Day.

There's also a number of films throughout the 30s and 40s where she had these walk-on bit parts with no dialogue. Trying to spot her though is like trying to spot Dick Miller in an old B-movie. You're literally playing "Where's Waldo?". :p

ALso George has guest starred in the I LOVE LUCY episode with Superman. And I think 1st voice actor of Betty Rubble also appeared on the I LOVE LUCY show. She played timid/shy person who was in love with a neighbor of Lucy's. I don't remember the details.

Vdubdavid

Postby Vdubdavid » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:33 am

raginggoodfella wrote:And I think 1st voice actor of Betty Rubble also appeared on the I LOVE LUCY show. She played timid/shy person who was in love with a neighbor of Lucy's. I don't remember the details.

You mean Bea Benadaret? She was also a member of the cast of the radio show "My Favorite Husband" which was the precursor to "I Love Lucy."

J Lee

Postby J Lee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Vdubdavid wrote:You mean Bea Benadaret? She was also a member of the cast of the radio show "My Favorite Husband" which was the precursor to "I Love Lucy."

And on TV, played Blanche Morton on Burns & Allen for eight seasons in the 1950s, before the series' head writer, Paul Henning, cast her first in his two early 1960s CBS sitcoms, "The Beverly Hillbillies" and then "Petticoat Junctiom".
"Now who do I know who can write?"

-- Bluto (from "Seein Red, White N' Blue")

J Lee

Postby J Lee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:11 pm

My personal favorite, as far as seeing cartoon voice actors in live-action -- A 1955 episode of The Jack Benny Program. Along with semi-regulars Mel Blanc and Frank Nelson, the episode not only includes Jerry Hausner -- Waldo from the Mr. Magoo series and Blab in the first few Snooper episodes of The Quick Draw McGraw Show -- but also Harry Shearer (who gets top billing on the guest cast list).
"Now who do I know who can write?"

-- Bluto (from "Seein Red, White N' Blue")

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”