Love or Hate: Rocky & Bullwinkle

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

what do you think?

Love
81%
Hate
2%
It's Ok
17%

Total votes: 47

Cartoonfanatic201

Love or Hate: Rocky & Bullwinkle

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Anyone here like or hate Rock & Bullwinkle? I do, but what about you guys?

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:09 pm

LOVE!! Hands down! There has never been a better 60's TV cartoon to watch on Saturday mornings than this! (Of course there's The Flintstones, but wasn't that primetime? :p)
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:17 pm

How could you not love Rocky and Bullwinkle?
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Fibber Fox

Postby Fibber Fox » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Cartoonfanatic201 wrote:Anyone here like or hate Rock & Bullwinkle? I do

You do what?

F. Fox
http://yowpyowp.blogspot.com
http://tralfaz.blogspot.com

LooneyFan

Postby LooneyFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm

LOVE Rocky & Bullwinkle. Bullwinkle's voice is hilarious, the characters are great and work well off each other, the segments are short but they have good stories. And no matter many times he says it, but Bullwinkle saying "Nothin' up my sleeve..." for the repeating magic show bumper will never get to old for me. I don't know why.

Plus, it's on Netflix.

Glowworm

Postby Glowworm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:33 pm

I used to watch all sorts of cartoons on Nickelodeon every night as a child--Rocky and Bullwinkle was the very last thing I watched before bed. I absolutely adored it. Many years later, I picked up all the dvds--and the stuff is still absolutely hillarious. The voice acting and storytelling is top notch!
"Do you smell brimstone?"-Bugs Bunny

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:56 am

I think it's a damned funny series... but, like "Underdog", "Calvin and the Colonel" "The Simpsons", and Family Guy"; it's certainly not something that I would watch and enjoy for it's animation.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Blob55

Postby Blob55 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 am

Sorry, they never showed that here, but Hippity Hooper makes a ton of references to it so... are they related?

FleischerFan

Postby FleischerFan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 am

Blob55 wrote:Sorry, they never showed that here, but Hippity Hooper makes a ton of references to it so... are they related?
I think the series you are referring to is "Hoppity Hooper" and yes, they are both series from Jay Ward.

How could anyone not love "Rocky & Bullwinkle?" Jay Ward showed that it was possible to do funny, entertaining cartoons on the miniscule budgets TV required.

Of course the animation is terrible from a technical standpoint. Ward turned what could have been a weakness into a strength, adding to the real charm of his series (which also includes the underrated "George of the Jungle"). It frequently mocked its own threadbare production values.

The writing and the voice work was absolutely top-notch. The supporting segments, particularly "Fractured Fairy Tales" and "Dudley Do-Right" were outstanding. There have never been a better pair of cartoon villains than Boris & Natasha. And without Jay Ward, there are no "Simpsons" and "Family Guy."
"To speak without thinking like shooting without aiming." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

quack-up

Postby quack-up » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 am

I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like the show apparently. :P I've just never found it funny.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”