Some frame grabs from last few Noveltoons sessions...

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 am

The splice in Naughty But Mice is incredibly noticable, too. You'll still hear Herman talking for a brief bit after the picture cuts to proto-Katnip sleeping.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:56 am

Someone (from here, I believe) had made an admirable attempt to fix that awkward splice by inserting the missing passage from a faded-red NTA or UM&M 16mm print and then uploading it on YouTube.

Is that very first frame-grab (from the second batch) from a Terrytoon? If so, I don't recognize it; but... man, what eye-popping colors! I'm so used to seeing those old, faded TV prints; that I can't even begin to appreciate what Terrytoons looked like in pristine, IB Technicolor
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 am

Steve Stanch wrote:I *think* it's uncut..there isn't anything not there that I've seen in other prints! I've only transferred one 35mm IB tech print on that title. On some of them I've transferred a 16mm Neg or print, on some I've transferred two prints (so far). The goal of the sets (and in all of these sets) is to present the cartoons as close as possible to the original release, so as far as I know I have an uncut print (it's a safety theatrical print from the 50's of a 1947 cartoon). Is there something usually missing on that title?

Hoping to get the Noveltoons set wrapped up this month at some point. I have help doing cleanup on the films now and will be working on the bonus features in the coming weeks (including commentaries though they are not done yet...)

http://classiccartoons.blogspot.com/2007/10/did-you-miss-me-naughty-but-mice.html

That's the scene. Let us know if it's in your copy please:)
– Duck Dodgers

My Blog: Classic Cartoons

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:33 am

How many Blackie and Wolfie shorts you'll be able to include, Steve?

Steve Stanch

Postby Steve Stanch » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 am

Duck Dodgers wrote:http://classiccartoons.blogspot.com/2007/10/did-you-miss-me-naughty-but-mice.html

That's the scene. Let us know if it's in your copy please:)

That scene is spliceless and complete in this print...

looneytooney

Postby looneytooney » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Steve Stanch wrote:Hoping to get the Noveltoons set wrapped up this month at some point. I have help doing cleanup on the films now and will be working on the bonus features in the coming weeks (including commentaries though they are not done yet...)

Commentaries, yes! :D

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Wow! This copy of yours is gorgeous!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Steve Stanch wrote:That scene is spliceless and complete in this print...

Excelent!:)
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Steve Stanch wrote:That scene is spliceless and complete in this print...

Awesome... I can't wait to own a complete copy!
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Duck Dodgers

Postby Duck Dodgers » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 am

"The Bored Cuckoo", "No Mutton for Nuttin'" and "Sheep Shape" will be in the DVD, Steve?

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”