Classical Themes Heard in Classic Cartoons

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:05 am

SirRuppOfFiggs wrote:At the beginning of "Rabbit Fire" Daffy tiptoes away to a bit from "Anitra's Dance" by Grieg.

I'll have to play my copy again and listen to that part carefully; but I don't think that's actually from the Grieg. Rather, I think it's just an original Stalling bit for pizzicato strings.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Paul Penna

Postby Paul Penna » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:39 am

zavkram wrote:I'll have to play my copy again and listen to that part carefully; but I don't think that's actually from the Grieg. Rather, I think it's just an original Stalling bit for pizzicato strings.

It's not Anitra's Dance.

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 am

Paul Penna wrote:It's not Anitra's Dance.

Yeah, that's what I thought... thanks for the confirmation!

I don't know why I'm thinking of this at this very moment; but there's a brief quotation from Nicolai's "Merry Wives of Windsor" Overture, during the fight sequence between Mighty Mouse and "Dr. Jekyll's Cat"
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”