Gabriel Churchkitten

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:36 pm

FWIW, The tape that my copy was dubbed from is a Little Lulu tape from 1983, back when Republic and NTA were still separate entities.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Bobby Bickert

Postby Bobby Bickert » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Is that the one that has "Lulu in Hollywood", "Beau Ties", and "Man's Pest Friend" (plus a couple of PD Lulus)? I definitely remember renting that tape from a "mom and pop" video store, not Blockbuster.

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 pm

What are the names of the tapes Republic released in the '80's? Does anyone know?

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Republic (as opposed to NTA) put out Cartoonies tapes for Casper, Little Lulu, Betty Boop, Gabby and at least one Christmas compilation.

Is that the one that has "Lulu in Hollywood", "Beau Ties", and "Man's Pest Friend" (plus a couple of PD Lulus)? I definitely remember renting that tape from a "mom and pop" video store, not Blockbuster.

Yes. It's the NTA Cartoon Carnival (Featuring Little Lulu) VHS from 1983.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”