Cartoon Discussion of the Week (10/16/2011) What Makes Daffy Duck

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

tristar

Postby tristar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Cartoonfanatic201 wrote:speaking of Lloyd Turner and Bill Scott what ever happened to them after they left the studio? I know Bill Scott went on the write & direct Rock & Bullwinkle for Jay Ward Productions, but what about Lloyd Turner (Did he even stay in animation or no?)
Scott went on to co-create and voice Bullwinkle, and Turner went on to write live-action sitcom scripts.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm

larriva9/11 wrote:Is there any other toon where Elmer's so obsessively-compulsively referred to on a first-name basis?

Happens in Frank Tashlin's "The Unruly Hare".
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

J Lee

Postby J Lee » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

tristar wrote:Scott went on to co-create and voice Bullwinkle, and Turner went on to write live-action sitcom scripts.

Turner worked with Scott again on Rocky & Bullwinkle in 1960-61, and again with Ward's "Fractured Flickers" and later on "George of the Jungle" (and if you want to really stretch it, working with Robin Williams on "Mork and Mindy" was pretty close to working on a cartoon...:rolleyes:)
"Now who do I know who can write?"

-- Bluto (from "Seein Red, White N' Blue")

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”