Quick question about "This Is It (Overture, Curtain, Lights...)"

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Geezil

Quick question about "This Is It (Overture, Curtain, Lights...)"

Postby Geezil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:21 pm

(Maybe this belongs on the Water Cooler page instead...if so, go for it, mods.)

Does anyone here have an audio-only file (mp3) of the original and complete 1960 Bugs Bunny TV theme, that you might be able to send as an e-mail attachment, Collector-to-Collector-Not-for-Resale, etc.?

If so, kindly Private Message me here for further discussion. Many thanks!

The Geez
:bosko: :bugs2: :mighty: :betty: :woody: :foggy: :audrey: :daffy:
P.U.P. Toons[font=Times New Roman][color=red]© are Our Toons! [/font][/color]

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:15 pm

The Toon Tracker website has a downloadable file, I think, of the original version of the This Is It song, but the sound quality is meh, unless it's been updated.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:The Toon Tracker website has a downloadable file, I think, of the original version of the This Is It song, but the sound quality is meh, unless it's been updated.

Thanks, Brandon. I checked there twice tonight, and it appears that if there ever was a download option, it won't work anymore. So, for now, the search goes on.

Geezil

[edit]

Postby Geezil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Geezil wrote:Thanks, Brandon. I checked there earlier tonight, and it appeared then that there was no download option. So, for now, the search goes on.

Y' know, I just ... I say, I JUST might've been WRONG about that first part. We shall see. :o

Geezil

[correction]

Postby Geezil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Geezil wrote:Thanks, Brandon. I checked there earlier tonight, and it appeared then that there was no download option. So, for now, the search goes on.

Well, actually, on rechecking, it appears there is ... but it's currently complex and may involve a detour or two first. Stay tuned.

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Your only hope is to request that someone makes an MIDI/Karaoke 100% likeness of the Bugs Bunny Show theme.

I know I have.

That's why I made this challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8TuT4YNl-w

Geezil

Postby Geezil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Your only hope is to request that someone makes an MIDI/Karaoke 100% likeness of the Bugs Bunny Show theme.

Gotcha, Ian. However, I now may have another hope in discussion offstage. Stay tuned. ;)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 am

Geezil, you could try to locate a good-sounding video of the opening to "The Bugs Bunny Show" and then download it as an MP3 using "Freecorder"; which is the free software available on "Clipnabber's" website.

At one time you could download videos from YouTube and DailyMotion by simply copying and pasting the respective video URL's into the Clipnabber browser bar, and then clicking on the "Nab" button. That was the original online version of Clipnabber, which apparently is no longer available. Now, you have to download and install the Freecorder software, which only works in Internet Explorer and Firefox. But it's free and takes only a few minutes to install.

There's also the companion website, "Tunenabber" which also allows you to download YouTube videos as MP3 audio files; albeit using the online "copy-and-paste" method described above.

I've used both resources to download and save MP3's of karaoke/instrumental versions of pop songs; which I subsequently used for teaching my kids how to sing the songs with instrumental-only backing.

I'm not sure how large the MP3 file would be... hopefully no more that 5-10 MB; in which case it could be easily e-mailed as an attachment. I know Yahoo! Mail allows up to 25 MB of attachments per message. Anything larger than that would have to be sent as a zip-file.

Good Luck!
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

FleischerFan

Postby FleischerFan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 am

Geezil:

Your wish has been granted. Check your PM inbox.:bugs2:
"To speak without thinking like shooting without aiming." - The Hon. Charles Chan, American Law Enforcement Figure & Philosopher

AnthroCoon

Postby AnthroCoon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Or try this which I got off YouTube and then recorded as an mp3 using (free) Audacity. I made a couple edits, like getting rid of the "And now for that Oscar-winning rabbit" bit

http://raccoonradio.freehostia.com/Air/BugsThisIsIt.mp3

hope OK to post link! It's basically just a sound file of something available on youtube.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”