Quick question about "This Is It (Overture, Curtain, Lights...)"

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 pm

MarkTheShark wrote:How about the closing credits?

Sadly, the end has vocals singing "This is The Bugs Bunny Show". So that doesn't count.

Brandon Panther

Postby Brandon Panther » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 pm

LooneyTunerIan wrote:Sadly, the end has vocals singing "This is The Bugs Bunny Show". So that doesn't count.

The end credits version of The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show didn't however.
My DeviantArt Page
"I must defend the remarkable prescience of the Hanna-Barbera writers. In the early 1960s, they dreamed up a futuristic world that seemed impossibly beyond our reach. Their creativity predicted the microwave oven, slide walks, smart phones and robot teachers. All these inventions are now routine realities of the 21st century." - Janet Waldo (LA Times, 2011)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:05 am

Keith Paynter wrote:Am I the only one who notices the striking resemblance between the beginnings of both the Bugs Bunny Show theme and the original Flintstones opening theme, "Rise and Shine"?

dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah-dah
dah-dah, dah-dah...

There's a previous thread that discusses this.
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

MarkTheShark

Postby MarkTheShark » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:19 am

Brandon Panther wrote:The end credits version of The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show didn't however.

Yes, starting with The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour -- in fact, it's on the second volume of Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 1970s. However, I don't think it's the same backing track as the opening with the vocals.

MarkTheShark

Postby MarkTheShark » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 am

BTW -- when I was in high school I was involved in vocal music and at one point, this was one of the songs we sang. We actually had sheet music for it. No, I don't still have it. (Probably had to turn it in after we finished singing it.)

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Brandon Panther wrote:The end credits version of The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show didn't however.

I did saw two versions of the end credits of The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show, but they had some announcer announcing what was coming up next. :/ Bummer.

You know, at times like these, I wish KingYakko would make an instrumental/karaoke version of This is It.

He once was made a pitched version of the Merrie Melodies theme. But however, he's pretty hard to contact.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”