Tashlin cartoons

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

looneyboy

Tashlin cartoons

Postby looneyboy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Why is it that I can't recall seeing that many Tashlin directed WB cartoons?

Bannedcartoonfan

Postby Bannedcartoonfan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I don't know.

looneytooney

Postby looneytooney » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:20 pm

:confused:

The Spectre

Postby The Spectre » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 pm

looneyboy wrote:Why is it that I can't recall seeing that many Tashlin directed WB cartoons?

You're either forgetful or really unlucky!

J Lee

Postby J Lee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm

If you mean his name, Tashlin had a lot of his color cartoons BRed, while his later ones that avoided that fate never carried his name to begin with, because they were released after he left Warner's for the final time (over half of his first directorial term at WB also were in the B&W Looney Tunes, which over the years tended to be less frequently shown than their color counterparts. And even after computer colorization, the pre-1938 LTs still look "weird" to people executing the normal Warners stylings and characters from the studio's heyday, so many of Frank's shorts from that period were in light rotation, if they were played at all).
"Now who do I know who can write?"

-- Bluto (from "Seein Red, White N' Blue")

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:59 pm

They laughed at the man who invented penicillin.
...As spoken by Bugs in Knight Mare Hare..this is a really bizarre line from Tedd Pierce..reminds me of the time travelling Brazilian joke from the Simpsons..
Knight Mare Hare now on Comcast Kids WB On demand..along with 2 D-S cartoons..the one where Daffy owns the electronics store in Mexico and the really strange one where Witch Hazel tricks Speedy into impersonating her while she goes on vacation which reuses Duck Amuck among others..that was a real stretch!

The Spectre

Postby The Spectre » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:12 pm

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread...

kaseykockroach

Postby kaseykockroach » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Just an in-joke. :tweety:

tristar

Postby tristar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:08 pm

kaseykockroach wrote:They laughed at the man who invented penicillin.
...As spoken by Bugs in Knight Mare Hare..this is a really bizarre line from Tedd Pierce..reminds me of the time travelling Brazilian joke from the Simpsons..
Knight Mare Hare now on Comcast Kids WB On demand..along with 2 D-S cartoons..the one where Daffy owns the electronics store in Mexico and the really strange one where Witch Hazel tricks Speedy into impersonating her while she goes on vacation which reuses Duck Amuck among others..that was a real stretch!
Don't you dare... :p

Paulie J. Waddle

Postby Paulie J. Waddle » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 pm

looneyboy wrote:Why is it that I can't recall seeing that many Tashlin directed WB cartoons?

So... do you mean because of limited showings on television? I think there was a rule on that in the 50's... :befuddled
Take that, Phineas and Ferb Wiki!

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”