Fuss and Featers (1952)

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Woody Woodpecker

Fuss and Featers (1952)

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:18 am

Well I was reading Graham Webb is book the Animated Film Enclopedia and I came cross this supposed Terrytoon title Fuss and Feathers. The plot given in the book for this supposed to be short is as follow A robin wings his way north, to find a house for his family. A cat moves in, capture the birds and battle ensues. I wonder if this ever existed in first place I don't find this anywhere else not in online catalog and Jerry Beck don't offer this his garage sale.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Sogturtle

Postby Sogturtle » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Woody Woodpecker wrote:Well I was reading Graham Webb is book the Animated Film Enclopedia and I came cross this supposed Terrytoon title Fuss and Feathers. The plot given in the book for this supposed to be short is as follow A robin wings his way north, to find a house for his family. A cat moves in, capture the birds and battle ensues. I wonder if this ever existed in first place I don't find this anywhere else not in online catalog and Jerry Beck don't offer this his garage sale.

...Annnnnd it's NOT listed in the Copyright Catalog either! BUT for Webb to have a synopsis means he got it from SOMEWHERE. Could be a case of a retitling job...

BloodyChamp

Postby BloodyChamp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Turtle!

Sogturtle

Postby Sogturtle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am

BloodyChamp wrote:Turtle!

Where?!?! Where?!?! :p (Nice to "see" ya Mr. Champ)

zavkram

Postby zavkram » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 am

Sogturtle wrote:Where?!?! Where?!?! :p (Nice to "see" ya Mr. Champ)

Good thing he didn't say, "pineapple"! :D
This post is brought to you by "Raisin d'etre", the delicious, high-fiber breakfast cereal for existentialists.

Kowalski

Postby Kowalski » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:15 am

Woody Woodpecker wrote:Well I was reading Graham Webb is book the Animated Film Enclopedia and I came cross this supposed Terrytoon title Fuss and Feathers. The plot given in the book for this supposed to be short is as follow A robin wings his way north, to find a house for his family. A cat moves in, capture the birds and battle ensues. I wonder if this ever existed in first place I don't find this anywhere else not in online catalog and Jerry Beck don't offer this his garage sale.

Perhaps it's an older cartoon, just reissued under new title? The plot reminds me very much of "The First Robin" (a Terrytoon from 1939).

Gasmask Ted

Postby Gasmask Ted » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 am

The given synopsis is similar to the First Robin, but not identical.
http://cartoonsof1939.blogspot.com/2010/12/156-first-robin.html
A remake could be possible. I suppose they could have even edited it down to better fit the synopsis.

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Kowalski wrote:Perhaps it's an older cartoon, just reissued under new title? The plot reminds me very much of "The First Robin" (a Terrytoon from 1939).

I had thought of that possibilty.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”