1001 Arabian Nights starring Mr. Magoo coming December

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

Joe H

1001 Arabian Nights starring Mr. Magoo coming December

Postby Joe H » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:19 pm

The 1959 feature 1001 Arabian Nights with Mr. Magoo is being released by Sony through its MOD program for a December release.

Considering the image quality of most Sony MOD titles, it should look very good.

Well-timed considering that wave of UPA material that is slated for the upcoming year

Gasmask Ted

Postby Gasmask Ted » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:49 pm

That's in keeping with the way things have been; in that 1001 and Phantom Tollbooth both showed up on TCM, and are now seeing release on burn on demand.
We should campaign for more things to be shown on TCM; maybe we'll get more home video releases out of it...

Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes we should, but did you notes the given run time of the film on classicflix.com at 43 minutes but I thought that film was 75 minutes.
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame." ~G.K. Chesterton

"I always like to do the unexpected, it takes people by surprise" ~ 1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

JERRY BECK

Postby JERRY BECK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 pm

FYI - I think 1001 ARABIAN NIGHTS is being included on the big Mr. Magoo set (which I'm consulting on) coming early next year from SHOUT FACTORY - but you didn't hear that from me.

thebiach

hmmm

Postby thebiach » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 pm

JERRY BECK wrote:FYI - I think 1001 ARABIAN NIGHTS is being included on the big Mr. Magoo set (which I'm consulting on) coming early next year from SHOUT FACTORY - but you didn't hear that from me.

if we had heard that, it would've sounded mighty good!!

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 pm

JERRY BECK wrote:FYI - I think 1001 ARABIAN NIGHTS is being included on the big Mr. Magoo set (which I'm consulting on) coming early next year from SHOUT FACTORY - but you didn't hear that from me.

That's not the same as the TV Collection coming out soon?

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 pm

^I believe he's talking about the theatrical Mr. Magoo. But how cool would that be if included all Mr. Magoo theatrical and television ?! :D

Anyway, I knew the film would come to the MOD sooner or later! :)

Great news indeed!

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 pm

And Shout Factory will give you total atonamy (if that's how you spell it) on Mr. Magoo. I like what Shout Factory has been doing. Casper, Mr. Magoo TV set (by that I mean DVDs not a television set:D), and now Underdog!!! Of course, I'm not quoting someone nor did I hear anything of such a set;)
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Tim Lones

Postby Tim Lones » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Toonatic wrote:^I believe he's talking about the theatrical Mr. Magoo. But how cool would that be if included all Mr. Magoo theatrical and television ?! :D

Anyway, I knew the film would come to the MOD sooner or later! :)

Great news indeed!

The Magoo TV Collection is already on Amazon. Scheduled to be released November 8, so apparently a Magoo Theatrical Collection is in the works, which would be fantastic news..From what I've seen of Shout Factory, they do everything they can to produce their sets right, with good extras..

King Delbert

Postby King Delbert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:30 am

I have a question though (and not that it matters to me because I have it on DVD already), but why is the TV collection not gonna include Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol?
"I've got the balls to say what your thinking!"

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”