Final Weekend for the GAC Forums

From Bugs Bunny to Tom and Jerry to Popeye and Woody Woodpecker, the TTTP is the best place around to talk about the classic cartoons from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Moderators: Larry T, Jon Cooke, Jack, Duck Dodgers, Matthew Hunter, Pietro, Lee Glover

trondmm

Postby trondmm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm also very sad to see the forums disappear. This place is in my opinion the best animation forum on the net, and it would be a shame if everyone here would be scattered to the wind after this weekend.

I really hope it will be possible to pass the hosting responsibilities on to someone else, and that the forums will live on for a few more years.

If not - then I'd like to thank everyone involved in shaping the forum to what is today. Especially Jon Cooke and all the moderators. It has been really educational, and this place has played a big part in my rediscovering my love for animation.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:42 pm

I've started something very basic here if anyone is interested:

http://www.intanibase.com/forum/

MMLive

Postby MMLive » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Perhaps my first post, and now the last as well. I have been coming here for years and have been educated, amused, and sometimes irritated, but I've enjoyed every minute. A profound word of thanks to all who made this possible. Sounds like my family will get their way and I'll have to join Facebook after all...

tristar

Postby tristar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:26 pm

I'll truly miss this board. I've learned so much about classic cartoons here, and it's also helped me broaden my tastes.

Thanks to everyone here, you've all made it such a great place to discuss cartoons.

JERRY BECK

Postby JERRY BECK » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:33 pm

I just want to add my thanks to the mods for starting and maintaining this forum for all these years. As an longtime reader, it was a lot of fun.

To all those who participated with their comments, opinions, suggestions and, occasionally, the hate - you guys (and gals) are the "hard core" of cartoon fandom. It's because of you lost cartoons were found, poor quality shorts were remastered, and various collections of classic animation made it to DVD.

Thanks,

Jerry Beck

Leviathan

Postby Leviathan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm coming out of moratorium briefly to say.. I'm sorry to see GAC go. I did say I was leaving the site permanently, but didn't expect or want to be the last deserter before the whole thing came crashing down.

I was here since the TTTP was still a part of Toon Zone and learned a lot from it.
"The Fudd of Intellect will never capture the Wabbit of true Vision"- Rafi Zabor, Introduction to the Book of Leviathan :bugs2: :befuddled

-Kevin M

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:37 pm

What???? NO!!!!!!!!!! I love this forum and I don't want it to go away!!!!! this sucks!!!!!! I guess i'll just have to move on to another Classic cartoon forum but there will never i mean NEVER be another classic cartoon forum as good as this one. I mean in the TTTP, you have threads posted by other members that have more Info on Classic cartoons than anywhere else on the internet. I mean seriously, where else can you alot of info on Uncredited Animators, L&B people, voice actors & Actresses, and other uncredited people who were involved in those classic cartoons we know
and love?. at least that info will live on forever in the GAC Archives where a new generation of classic cartoon fans can discover it and learn about there favorite classic cartoons for years to come. sure we tend to disagree once in a while (or alot) but there's one thing we all have in common, the love of Classic cartoons and that's one thing that will never die even after this forum closes. The GAC forums have been extremely helpful to me and i deeply appreciate it.

For Other GAC members, It's now or never for people who still want to post threads in the forums. I hope this forum will be reborn in the future, with a new generation of Classic cartoon lovers.

Farewell GAC Forums, I'll never forget you. :(

Toonatic

Postby Toonatic » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Eutychus wrote:I've started something very basic here if anyone is interested:

You're one of the good ones Eutychus! :)

LooneyTunerIan

Postby LooneyTunerIan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Jon Cooke wrote:Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Running a forum like this can be a pretty thankless job sometimes, so it really does mean a lot. Like Matt said earlier, this isn't the end of GAC itself, just the Forums. A new chapter approaches and I hope everyone sticks around for the ride.

I DON'T WANT THIS FORUM TO END! X(

I've only been on a few months and nothing bad happened up until now!

Cartoonfanatic201

Postby Cartoonfanatic201 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Eutychus wrote:I've started something very basic here if anyone is interested:

It may take a while, but I think everyone here should migrate to that forum once the GAC forums close down. Who knows, maybe that would be a fresh new start for future ex-GAC members.

Return to “The Termite Terrace Trading Post”